Laugh with me, or laugh at me

misfish

Why should this morning be any different. As I always do, I park and get the toon ready for my mornings fish. Load up the rods in the holders and Im off. This morning I had added a new pole with the Canadian flag again.

Even knowing I might have an issue, I paid no never mind ,and went on my way. Stop get my coffees and all is good in the back. Still, I see an issue that could happen, but , paid no never mind. Head up Anne st, as I needed to get fuel first. Fuel up, check the toon again and alls good. Still, I paid no never mind, to the issue, I thought I would have.

So away I go, heading to my fishing location. Driving at 65 km down the road, on a 60 km road, I have this car behind me flashing his lights at me. Ok , maybe this person is in a hurry. So pull off the road a bit, and wave them bye, to pass me. Nope, stays behind me . Ok, maybe there,s something wrong. So I pull off the road completely. So does the car behind me. Ok now Im wondering, WTH. I get out. I ask, whats up dude ?

And heres where the , paid no never mind , issue comes to life.

You see, I had my Williams spoon on one of the rods. You know, the spoon with the side hooks. With the flag flapping very close to said rod, I kinda figured it might catch that spoon, but I , paid no never mind. Well, it did get hooked in the flag. The flag actually pulled the rod out of the holder. Buddy said the rod was flying in the air, as I was driving. I said thanks for flagging me down.

I am sitting here typing as an idiot, but also laughing at my , paid no never mind. I have no problem laughing at myself. I learned another lesson. I hope it helps someone out there, but I dont see too many toon carrying RAM trucks, with a rod loaded with a ice fishing williams, next to a Canadian flag.

As for the fishing , I hate the north shores of KBAY. The surface current and lower current, are crazy. My toon went east, the bait went west. I did have a few chases, but no hook ups. Till my next misadventure toon report. Tight lines. :whistling: :w00t: :lol:

Snapshot 1 (7-29-2017 1-06 PM).jpg

Edit to add

Before you all start your, it could of been worse, like the rod hitting the car behind me, lesson learned about pre loading the rods. :wallbash:

Edited by Misfish

Calculating stresses to determine line strength needed to fly rod & reel combo at 65 km/h....

Drag knob musta been cranked down from previous use or said combo would still be coming around the last turn when ya stopped!

Tune in tomorrow for Professor Brian's next lesson!

Yer a hoot bud! In times like these when a good laugh is really needed (and about all we get anymore) you do deliver!

Michael

LOL Sir you do have your adventures don't you?

As GBW said I can picture the look on the person's face that flagged you down. WTH it can't be what I think that is; Yup a fishing rod 20 feet in the air. LOL

Dan.

A buddy was driving back from a trip the other day and when he parked the boat he notices his 6' Planner Board Mast had broken off sometime in the last 2 hrs from the locking sleeve and ended up in the bottom of the boat. If it didn't land in the boat a 6 foot steel pipe coming at you at 100KPH will leave a mark. He wasn't lucky, the cars behind him were.

Don't feel too bad Brian, I drove home from the Notty once with my Loomis IM6 and Frogwater on the roof of my car, lol!!

That would of been an expensive lose bud.

I once drove from Barrie to Gravenhurst for a bass tourny. My ignition key and tong lock key ,were still on the bumper when I got there. Thats someone watching out for me there.

While jigging this morning, I hooked onto a old suction cup transducer with 20 ft of cable. LOL Lost one small laker. 2 ft rollers were fun to hold a straight line down. :whistling::Gonefishing: