Cell phone review NF

manitoubass2

Well, when I was working at them in drilling, a buddy of mine suggested the Cat S60 (which was not yet released) as I was in the market to upgrade from a Samsung Galaxy 5

It marketed as a "military grade work phone"

Just a heads up, this phone is horrible. 7 months in, and little to no abuse and it's almost useless.

The charging port broke after 4 months, so it's no longer waterproof. The screen locks for no reason. Images burn into the screen. You have to use speakerphone because it will automatically mute anyone if you touch the screen(even with facial hair).

The camera sucks donkey *****. It halos objects and has weird colour saturation.

For $899 I'd expect much better.

On the plus side, the screen is hard to break(I threw it against the wall outta frustration)

Anyhow, just a heads up. This phone is horrible

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 for work, put it in an Otterbox Defender Case for protection.

Blue tooth is really clear and audio is very good.

Phone works amazingly great, no issues at all.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 for work, put it in an Otterbox Defender Case for protection.

Blue tooth is really clear and audio is very good.

Phone works amazingly great, no issues at all.

Just my 2 cents worth.

That's what im leaning towards

Im all ears to suggestions

Thank you

If it is covered, I get a replacement of the same crappy phone?

Yeah then sell it and get a different unit. Still running a Samsung Note 4 here and after almost 2 full years of solid daily use (calls, text, surfing and so on) the battery is my ONLY issue. It's now only one day per charge. When new I had many days of use on a single charge.

*edit to add* not a mark on the glass either and it doesn't have a screen protector just a 'gel' case

Edited by GBW

I am still running an I Phone 4S and (4 years now) and up until just recently it has been excellent. Last week the screen froze on me (might have been something I did wrong) but I did a forced reset and so far it's been good again.

I have an iPhone SE (basically the guts of a 6+ in the shell of a 5s) and I'm quite happy with it. I have an Otterbox and recommend them even though I broke mine. It saved my phone and when I phoned Otterbox they sent me a brand new one no questions asked (I did have to pay $5 for shipping). Good customer service in my books.

i have a phonecase made by Lifeproof. They are pricey at around $80-$100 depending on where you buy it. The case is pretty awesome though, as is their customer service. I left my phone on the tonneau cover of my truck and drove off. The whole day I thought I had just left it at home. On returning home I searched everywhere and began to fear the worst. My wife hooked up her 'find my iPhone' app and it indicated my phone had 2% charge left and was at the top of our driveway. Found the phone but no sign of the case. The next day I found half of the case but could not see the other half anywhere. I don't blame the manufacturer for the case opening on impact as I sometimes don't secure it properly when I take it out to use with my drone, plus the fact that when I am near the top of my driveway I am usually doing 50-80kmh. I called the folks at Lifeproof to explain the situation and they said they needed both halves of the case for warranty but given the circumstances would do a onetime exception and within 5 days I had my new case, paid $5 shipping.

i have the galaxy s8+. great phone. as for cases, i gave up on otterbox. now own a heavy duty amazon special. phone has been dropped and the case has done its job.

Edited by Raf

i have the galaxy s8+. great phone.

My wife just got one from work. Im gonna play around with it tonight

She loves it

*Might just be an 8? Im not sure

It's an 8

Camera is about 10× better

It's so slim it feels weird holding now. The cat S60 is bulky and heavy

Edited by manitoubass2

My wife just got one from work. Im gonna play around with it tonight

She loves it

*Might just be an 8? Im not sure

other than the larger capacity battery and screen size, the s8 and s8+ are essentially the same.

Simon, I used LifeProof case on my old phone. It was very good.

Im almost thinking about going to Iphone again but I love Android

See what happens I guess.

Probably just give this phone to my kids

I guess my point was get a Lifeproof case for your Samsung. LOL.

I guess my point was get a Lifeproof case for your Samsung. LOL.

I have a CAT S60 LOL

"Used to have a Samsung Galaxy"

Now I miss it lol

On the catS60 I was sold on it being completely waterproof and it's durability

Well so much for that

Edited by manitoubass2

I once dropped my Iphone5 (with lifeproof case on) right into the middle hole while ice fishing. I was watching it slowly flutter down, Threw my arm in up to my shoulder and I got her !! Still works to this day, this was 2 years ago now. I've dropped it on the ground countless times, never an issue.

I have an iPhone 6. Its been good, but the battery life is not great. I GO Train to work and using the browser for the 40 minutes takes the battery down 15-20%. It seems to be mostly the browser that does it.