Sauble River

Hey guys,

My inlaws just bought a cottage in Mer, on the Bruce Peninsula. They are 5 minutes from sauble falls and I'm going to be getting back into fishing.

I was wondering if there would be native trout still in the river near the falls or will I be hooking into bass?

Thanks for the help, I couldn't find much of anything in terms of info on line.

I believe you are talking about MAR, ON.

Bass and maybe even pike below Sauble falls now, but the onset of fall will bring on the Salmon, and then Steelhead. A great place to fish for them!

A beautiful stream to fish, but beware of the wood slabs below the wire at the falls. They must have a huge collection of lures, hooks, and various fishing appliances....

I believe you are talking about MAR, ON.

Bass and maybe even pike below Sauble falls now, but the onset of fall will bring on the Salmon, and then Steelhead. A great place to fish for them!

A beautiful stream to fish, but beware of the wood slabs below the wire at the falls. They must have a huge collection of lures, hooks, and various fishing appliances....

Yes... damn sausage fingers

F&A, just to add, many years ago we fished the "falls" and it was tough going, Salmon have a mission and don't take bait. I waked out in the falls and sat on a rock and just watched them fly by. Also vacationed with the family for 5 years. Golden Eagle, if it's still there!

In the 80s in the evening at sunset (amazing to say the least) they had an "oldies" night under the welcome to SaublenBeach sign. One of my acquaintances was Don Daynard from CHFI! He came down from his home in Oliphant and MCd the evening.

My kids have been back and love the place. I hope to go back.

Fall is the time to enjoy colours and fresh air.

Brother has a place on Chesley Lake. The air is better then a sleeping pill. Works better than a script. Enjoy the cottage. Not to be too too cynical, you can't get what you put into it during the settlement. Just sayin' because I've been there and still have the T shirt.

Enjoy man. They as well as your family will wonder why the move wasn't made before. It is a sure way to relieve the stress of the job and life. I don't know the exact numbers but in Finland most everyone has a shared family cottage. The government there encourages a second place. When I was there the guys told me the interest rates were lower than a main residence. I have had friends of friends over and before you know it the guy or gal or both we met 20 minutes ago is sound asleep on the couch or on the deck, welcome to the lake.

In the 80s in the evening at sunset (amazing to say the least) they had an "oldies" night under the welcome to SaublenBeach sign. One of my acquaintances was Don Daynard from CHFI! He came down from his home in Oliphant and MCd the evening.

Good old Dazzlin Don. Used to love digging through the stacks in his record shop.

Good old Dazzlin Don. Used to love digging through the stacks in his record shop.

Bruce many years ago I did his ads for his move from CKFM to CHFI? I worked on Merton Street and he live down the street and walked to work at St Clair and Yonge st. I couldn't talk to him because the ads were hush hush "where is Don Daynard". I finally met him at Sauble between moves.

AT the time he was doing Tode commercials and gave me kids a vocal show!

HE was also an actor and happeared on Gunsmoke. I had poster of hi beloved movie idols and his greates was John Wayne. I promised him a cut out of John from True Grit but someone chucked it when I wasn't looking.

HE now Lives in Port HoPee.

THanks F&A you brought back some good times, you will love it up there. YOu have to visit Tobermory and the Grotto!

my grandparents live in mar year round, in red bay, my uncle has his cottage and my other aunt and uncle are in wiarton, needless to say, i've spent a fair amount of time there. if you go up river, you'll find some native trout, but down near the falls, not really, watch out for bears, they are common there, and like to sit in the falls and catch the salmon