Hummingbird helix 12 si (Cabela's sale)

Dan668

Have not heard anything from Cabela's since Thursday about the purchase. Technically if I didn't call as far as I know the Unit is still coming. I did some reading about this and found this on their website:

PRICING & SPECIFICATIONS

• Prices on www.cabelas.ca and in our Canadian flyers and catalogues are in Canadian funds unless specified otherwise.
  • Merchandise prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
  • Typographic, photographic, and/or descriptive errors are subject to correction. We apologize for any inconvenience.
  • Not all products are available in all areas due to local, provincial or federal laws.
  • Prices for products purchased from Cabela’s Canada may vary from Cabela’s Inc., U.S. due to currency fluctuations, duty rates, taxes and differing cost structures.

This instance pretty much falls under that blanket category and gets them off the hook for any screw ups on the website. I would say there is 0% anyone gets the Unit for the price it was listed at. I do wonder if there will be any sort of compensation for this screw up. I won't hold my breath though.

This was my response from them

Hello

We unfortunately cannot offer this price on this product, we would be able to provide the item at the regular sales price of $2199.99 and include a $50 gift card due to the inconvenience.

We do apologize for the miscommunication

This was my response from them

Hello

We unfortunately cannot offer this price on this product, we would be able to provide the item at the regular sales price of $2199.99 and include a $50 gift card due to the inconvenience.

We do apologize for the miscommunication

I'd email them back and tell them you can't afford the unit at that price but you deserve the $50 gift card. You were inconvenienced due to their error regardless of whether you buy the unit or not. They are the reason you don't have the units now, not you.

So I finally got a call from Cabelas and they apologized profusely for the mix up and are sending me a $50 gift card for their error. Over 70 people ordered the unit and supposedly a handful got the unit at the listed price. Hey i'll take $50 for free any day. Good on Cabelas for at least doing a little something for their customers.

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, stratmaster said:

Hi I'm new here. Anyone ordered a hummingbird combo lately? I am having issues with getting the rebate online. Link has not worked for several weeks. Sent a few emails to them and chatted online but still not working.

What rebate are you referring to?   I'd called Johnson Outdoors directly if I where you.   

Edited by BillM

5 hours ago, stratmaster said:

Ok I will call. It's the rebate if u buy hummingbird with 360 live so 500 bucks 

Yup saw it on the site and the link is definitely dead.  Goodluck!   They should take care of you.