Caught a 'rare' silver pike

12 Volt Man

Hi Folks. caught what I believe is a silver pike in Montreal the other day. thought it was a muskie at first when I was fighting/landing it because of the big gray head and gray silver body. But looking at the pics later the spotting on the tail shows it to be a pike.

Google image search shows silver pike that are supposedly very rare that look exactly like this fish.

this fish was a good size. anyone ever catch one of these?

here is one of the pics: I have another pic but having trouble resizing it. I wish the board would automatically resize pics

Montreal Fish (2).jpg

I'll try to post the other pic I have tonight of the fish laying beside my rod and reel. the colour is nothing like a normal pike but the spotting on the tail and non-red fins means its definitely not a muskie as I had first thought. the flash washed out the grey colour a bit in this pic.

fought like a beast though!

Edited by 12 Volt Man

I'll see if I dig up a pic I have of the coolest pike I've caught. It was half light coloured, half dark, split right down the middle

Sounds like this musky I got on the St. Lawrence River a couple years back, barred on the back half and clear on the front half.

Some kool looking fish swimming around our waters for sure.

014-1.jpg

Edited by lew

Sounds like this musky I got on the St. Lawrence River a couple years back, barred on the back half and clear on the front half.

Some kool looking fish swimming around our waters for sure.

My buddy caught a musky this year that was half and half...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWTn0XAg4vR/

Click the right arrow for a better pic

Edited by PUMP KNOWS

totally a silver pike, look at the comparables on google...very cool

Took another look on my PC with the larger image. WHat looks like spots in the small image is actually the scales that show up much more. Yup, I agree its a silver pike. Neat.