Gulp Alive juice

colin519

Hey all,

So I often use Gulp Alive. So much easier than live on multi-day trips and with the 'variable quality' minnows I've seen around.

I've got 2 Plano liquid bait boxes and they are great. I use one box with new good minnow baits and the other one is my leeches and chewed up minnows and whatever I wanna soak for flavor.

I've got a new retail pack for a trip in a few weeks and I want to move it in to my Plano boxes.

Do you guys keep the old juice? Or should I move the juice over to old bait box and keep one box fresh (this is what Im thinking)? Change them both out?

I always figured it all stinks but I'm curious what others are doing with the permanent liquid baits.

Have a liquid locker that has juice from as far back as a couple of years and the fish don't seem to mind but that's just my experience. Besides what does something that smells that "Awful"smell like when it's expired ?

Edited by moxie

I have found when you mix non gulp plastics with gulp in the sauce, everything gets ruined over time. Gulp baits become stiffer, and other baits deteriorate, change colour etc etc . Otherwise, that brine lasts a long time so long as it isn't tainted by other non gulp baits.

And, make sure your gulps are always submerged, ie the brine should pretty much be to the top of your container !!!

Edited by buick14

If you let the full juice air dry over time, it turns slightly more viscous and dark. Just enough to apply onto a bait like a jelly. Because of the water base, it doesn't stay on very well but I've watched aquarium fish eat it up like I poured down fish food.

Do I use it? Almost never, but it stays in my tackle box...

I'd top up the gulp bags every so often because those bags dry over time whether you like it or not

Edited by EasyFish