Lakering, on the TOON

misfish

With the weather report saying light to no wind, and rain coming sooner then later, I decided to give the lakers a try and give the bass fishing a pass today. Once I got out to the depths, I started jigging with a pike swim bait. Yes, a pike swim bait. I just trimmed it down to laker size. If there is such a thing.

I marked some fish early, a few chasers. This was a positive and kept me interested. Then I started marking more and more.

OPTIMISTIC I became.

The one bait color had them interested, but not taking. So I switched up to another that seemed to look more like a large smelt, maybe a herring. Maybe it,s just me, but it did look like one.

I sure got excited for an ole bye. :lol: :rofl2:

The song says,,,,,,,,

One is the loneliest number ,next to two,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am happy with the loneliest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:Gonefishing::D

New net is onderway. Found the right one for all the fishes out there. Big, small, and everything in between. :good:

Edited by Misfish

Thanks fellas.

Thats the first time I have tried for lakers since bass season opened up. Our laker fishing seem to be in a funk, so stayed away from them. Like I said, It happened to be a good weather report for this type of fishing, and the row out easy.

Rick, I can row that float boat faster then most think. As far as distance, it,s not far at all. I have done 7 miles in a days outing.

As for a hat Ralph, on over cast days, I dont, but do have a wide brim in the truck at all times when the suns going to be beating on me. The shades never leave me. My eye will not allow me to be without them. The glare off the water is the worse when it,s sunny.

Thanks again fells. The toons a blast.

Edited by Misfish

Thanks again

Awesome! I hope this doesn't trigger a cavalcade of tooners out to the big lake to grease you out of your spot!

It,s not the tooners I worry about, it,s the dozen or so yakers that come out . They are a great bunch of fellas. Lots of room out there for all of us. I,ll be contemplating going to a yak next year. It will have stabilizers that is for sure.

Thanks again

It,s not the tooners I worry about, it,s the dozen or so yakers that come out . They are a great bunch of fellas. Lots of room out there for all of us. I,ll be contemplating going to a yak next year. It will have stabilizers that is for sure.

I'm thinking more and more that a yak on the little speck lakes would be a load of fun, and deadly effective.