What is Wrong with People.....Updated Good Guys Win

FloatnFly

That's crazy. I'm not shocked someone would stoop to this level, but I'm shocked the MNR is even considering the request.

They are probably required by law to gather information to justify their decision. Hopefully it will be considered private information and not released.

They are probably required by law to gather information to justify their decision. Hopefully it will be considered private information and not released.

Exactly.

The FOI Act is a good thing. Newspapers and reporters can uncover lots of hidden snakes and corrupt crap using the FOI.

This guy is abusing the system to try and find a few fishing spots, but the gov't employees still have to adhere to the law, like it or not.

Edited by chris.brock

Unbelievable.. When I mentioned it to my wife she immediately said that he was with a minor who deserves privacy.. I don't know if it makes much difference in the eye of the government though.. It would be very detrimental to the lakes to release this information and the person who requested the information only seems to care about their own ego.. I'm sure they are reading this thread and the Facebook one as well.. I'd say get a life and find your own spots.. Could even be one of the jealous people who chased him off of here...

This can't be why the Freedom of Information Act was put in place. This guy's request is jeopardizing someone's privacy for gods sake. I can't believe the MNR has even gone along with it this far, unless they want to set a precedent like someone else mentioned and nip any future requests in the butt quickly.

We're here for you Mike!

I think MNR is prob obliged to go thru the motions---to follow the process---but I doubt that the request will be granted. It's a bit like a frivolous lawsuit----not much hope of success but a real PITA to defend against. Like this, sometimes dome maliciously to tangle the defendant up in knots and stress them out. Personally, I'd like to see the requester get a good swift kick in the gonads for his effort, but that's no going to happen! :(

I started fishing in Algonquin in the summer of 1977 and the last trip I went was with Mike when the Leafs were in the playoffs against the Bruins ... I have caught my fair share of trophy brookies ... and the lake names remain in my memory only .... :D

Chances are that the MNR will release their records.

But the catch will be anything of value will be blacked out.

They are required by law to release the records due to the request.

Anything the can justify blacking out will be blacked out & this is the reason they contacted Mike.

Personal information will be the reason for blacking out large portions of the record.

The sad reality is that most of us will be initially shocked and exclaim That is ridiculous!!! and then go about their day.As, lets face it, "After all, it does not affect me".

does it effect most of us immediately, probably not, but in the future it may, some of us may go on that great camping trip to a national or provincial park, catch some great fish, then post about our experiences and us being the responsible ones, wanting to protect ecosystems, we leave the names of lakes out. then some jealous ass thinks to do something like this.

now, someone like say Moosebunk, goes on one his great adventures, not on business, but for pleasure, or maybe he already has and is now thinking twice about posting it

I don't even know what to say about this other then this individual is a loser looking for a free ride to Mikes fishing spot .

I know what it takes to go through all the homework and phone calls and map study to find gems like this and to have

some loser go about it in this fashion really pisses me off . I feel for yah Mike !!!!

FOI request for a fishing spot? hahaha what a loser. Where are the talented hackers when we need them, infect buddy's computer please.

Sorry Mike has to go through this, I'd be receding into the darkness after crap like this.

Best of luck Mike! Hope everything turns out in your favour!

I'm a little confused as to how someone's private travel itinerary is a matter of public record and allowed to fall under the Freedom of Information Act.

shouldn't this request be flat out denied immediately?

if they view it as a personal trip, yes absolutely. how with mike being who he is and what he does for a living, they could very well view it as a professional outting, and say that yes, this information needs to be released

its a pretty crappy situation to be in.