What is Wrong with People.....Updated Good Guys Win

FloatnFly

I don't have any words for this!!!... This is so stupid!

I gotta say those are some WORLD class brookies!! I have always dreamed of trip like that, I thought brookies like that could only be caught is at some crazy expensive Northern fly trip!

Will I put the effort to learn the area and find those fish.. probably never.. but it stays on my bucket list for sure!!! I don't know any fisherman willing to rough it for those fish.. but if I could find someone to do it with .. I'd be in!

Now people will just keep their reports in their back pocket. I just can't wrap my head around this, lol

YUP!

I hope Terry is right that because his child was with him it's not released

It really seems ironic that someone can request information under the Act anonymously!? Or did he?

Yes! It's not only borderline creepy, but I didn't even know you could request such information

With the things I've been though lately, I'd be pissed and fighting that tooth and nail.

Not sure how one could argue that there is any need for the right to that information.

On the flip side, if this summers eve gets your info one could then request the camp site info of all the campers in those lakes for the next few years and compare to the last few years and see how many "new" names appear. See how twisted this request for information is?

Edited by kickingfrog

Not sure how one could argue that there is any need for the right to that information.

On the flip side, if this summers eve gets your info one could then request the camp site info of all the campers in those lakes for the next few years and compare to the last few years and see how many "new" names appear. See how twisted this request for information is?

Yup, and cross reference with the members on his forum. I'll just bet he's on there.

Im releasing all fishing information live as I fish.

I want to get out in front of any freedom of information requests.

Reminds me of one time I was up about 20 fish to 1 with the guy in the front of the boat. I passed him my rod. He still caught nothing. Lol.

This is one of the strangest things I have come across in a long while, actually creepy as someone said. Where is OUR privacy today?

I can understand some secrecy especially on small bodies of water. I remember watching an In-Fisherman episode where they proved 2 very good Bass guys could fish out a body of water in 2 days and not a pond. Tagged all the fish and caught only tagged fish day 3. But some go to ridiculous measures to keep there special spots secret. You can be 10 feet away and not catch a fish in the same boat that buddy is slamming them. Just like someone said above. There's more to it than knowing the body of water. I hope the creep goes to the lake and falls overboard, or better yet get SKUNKED. That would be justice for the goof.

im sure a piece of crap like that would be too lazy to get into those lakes....its not an easy trekk!

my fear would be that the loser would post the lakes publicly....if so he would be publicly shamed

what bad character

That's the ironic part. Very few people reading Mike's post would go through all the effort to get to those lakes. I am quite an avid canoeist and have, in my younger days, done some rough portages---not as tough as they did,though. That would be well beyond my capabilities right now.

I think if he goes with the fact that a minor boy was camping at those locations and it would be against the minors civil rights to disclose that info

it may get blocked

Shouldn't is go against anybody's civil rights regardless of their age?

i agree but if he pushes the government that he will sue if they give out info that tracks his minor son ,the fact that they are asking for the location that a minor sleeps and goes to the washroom he just might stop it

An update is Mike has been in contact with them and has files a complaint to be reviewed. This has taken up quite a bit of his time and I am sure we here at OFC will be supporting him if he needs it. Thanks for all of the support and if you want to read the latest you can find his facebook page here.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.borger.71?fref=ufi

Always a good read here.

Art

That's the ironic part. Very few people reading Mike's post would go through all the effort to get to those lakes.

I know what you're saying, but those spring brook trout guys can be a passionate bunch. They'd go to the moon if they thought the mother load of brookies was there. In some of Mike's other posts, he said he got bombarded with guys asking where he was in the park.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

The real shame is, that we share our adventures, trials and tribulations of a fishing episode. It for the most of us, is to share and hope each and everyone, will enjoy our outings. Why do others need to know the wheres? Why, can you just not read or watch the great adventure from those that have put the time in?

I do not get the law thing here, or do I understand what it means.

This is another mess the WWW has created and become.

I am not a FB fan, nor a member. Im sure these fishing sites are of no difference, but not the same following numbers as FB. You tube is no different. Yes I post on said site, but I post not to be a bused, or to be asked where, but to share my fishing delight. If I were to come across what Mike has, I would stop posting.

I am no Mike Borger, I am but a spit of what he has done. I goof around with my reports,they are minuscule,but no matter, a post of fishing, no scratch that, a post of any means, dose not give the right of anyone, to ask, or , demand, info of the said report.

I know from reading many reports, Mike has helped many people, yet he gets this slap in the face. Someone is trying to pull strings here. I hope that someone loops a string on this persons balls and pulls it so tight, his balls turn blue and purple, then fall off like a unwanted mole.

With that said

We are our own worst enemy in this WWW. Sad ,as it may be, it is true, and very SAD.

Win this one for the future Mike

I'm not even certain this information would be subject to a freedom of information request due to privacy considerations. Does anyone know for sure the request was filed, or is it possible the guy who said it is all talk?

Edited by Dutch01

If there is a request made, I don't think it will succeed:

Unavailable records

Not all information is available through Freedom of Information (FOI) requests. Some records cannot be released under Freedom of Information laws.

Exclusions and exemptions include:

-cabinet records

-court records

-records containing certain law enforcement information

-records that could prejudice intergovernmental relations

*****-personal information that could invade the privacy of an individual*****

Taken from: https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-make-freedom-information-request#section-1

Edited by Dutch01

The real shame is, that we share our adventures, trials and tribulations of a fishing episode. It for the most of us, is to share and hope each and everyone, will enjoy our outings. Why do others need to know the wheres? Why, can you just not read or watch the great adventure from those that have put the time in?

I do not get the law thing here, or do I understand what it means.

This is another mess the WWW has created and become.

I am not a FB fan, nor a member. Im sure these fishing sites are of no difference, but not the same following numbers as FB. You tube is no different. Yes I post on said site, but I post not to be a bused, or to be asked where, but to share my fishing delight. If I were to come across what Mike has, I would stop posting.

I am no Mike Borger, I am but a spit of what he has done. I goof around with my reports,they are minuscule,but no matter, a post of fishing, no scratch that, a post of any means, dose not give the right of anyone, to ask, or , demand, info of the said report.

I know from reading many reports, Mike has helped many people, yet he gets this slap in the face. Someone is trying to pull strings here. I hope that someone loops a string on this persons balls and pulls it so tight, his balls turn blue and purple, then fall off like a unwanted mole.

With that said

We are our own worst enemy in this WWW. Sad ,as it may be, it is true, and very SAD.

Win this one for the future Mike

????

Yes, the request has been filed and Mike Borger has been asked to respond to MNR due to the request.

That's crazy. I'm not shocked someone would stoop to this level, but I'm shocked the MNR is even considering the request.

I'm not even certain this information would be subject to a freedom of information request due to privacy considerations. Does anyone know for sure the request was filed, or is it possible the guy who said it is all talk?

yes, Mike recieved a 6 page letter from the MNR with his itinerary from Algonquin attached, he has to plead his case in why this information should not be released

I talked to him via PM today, said to to tell them that this was a private family vacation that he had with his son that had nothing to do with work. if it was work related, it would be a different story, and hed almost be obligated to release the information to promote the guide/lodge.

Mike has a 6 page letter from the MNR detailing the request.