Greetings from Georgetown. New member

brooktrout88

Hi ,my name is Doug. I recently joined this site to learn more and share my 30 + years knowledge. I am sure that is not a lot to some of you on here, so i will contribute when i can.

I have fished east to west, and currently get to fish almost every day even if its ten minutes or so. Started out fishing local tribes around the Oakville area as a kid. At about the age of twelve i caught my first steelhead and from that moment on when the timing is right i focus mainly on those buggers. During the summer i try to get out somewhere different every weekend and in the recent years have shifted my summer time focus to walleye. ahhh the bachelor life!

I have been fishing above big chute for the past 15 years or so.........all started with a girl I met up there. I have caught the odd walleye over the years targeting bass and pike but have not been able to consistently put walleye in the boat, mind you I did not spend A ton of time targeting them as I did not believe the population was targetable. I love the waterway and would love to be able to catch a few more walleye. I have searched online for years for any info I could get my hands on. A few members on here have mentioned that they had fished it so I figured I would reach out.

I would consider myself a accomplished angler for almost every species. And am willing to give up my spots and times of the year to the rite people, and now that I have joined this site I plan on sharing my knowledge with others.

I have a friend up there that lets me pitch a tent for free whenever i want, so it is a very cost effective place for me to fish.

​Headed up there again Monday Tuesday next week regardless to attempt to target them solely. I know there are not lot in there but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for having me on the site!

Welcome to the site.

Nice to have a friend like that. I need a few for when I do my toon adventures. Sure would save on the driving. LOL

Good luck achieving your pikeral assignment. I tend to agree. Jig and twister tail, or worm harness up there.

Ho