Going to try Lake Ontario by Grimsby

lovetofish

Hey guys, haven't been out on Lake Ontario in years. A buddy of mine was telling me that it has been great this year, so I figured we would give it a try. I think we're going to start out of Grimsby. Any helpful pointers would've greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LTF

LTF. I hear they are still getting fish close in off Port Dalhousie using Leadcore and planner boards with all the usual tackle. My brother got 3 nice Coho with the tried and true orange J-9 Rappala and a blue/chrome Little Cleo a few weeks ago. His buddy landed a good size laker on a Greasy Chicken spoon. Plenty of guys still fishing the pier there. Not Grimsby but close. They fished the edge of the mud line that was out a ways. No doubt with all the rain then, and still now I would presume.

You can count pulls of line in a pinch when sending out dipsies. Each pull is about 2 ft . But to get down 50 ft you will need about 200 ft of line out. Not fun on mono trying to trip a to dipsy with that much line out. You have braided steel or single strand?

I'm pretty sure it would work well. I never tried it because I've got riggers and they eat easy enough that way, but yah off Jordan I'm pretty sure you could get on top of them and do some damage! Jigging sure works on Simcoe so why not!

Edited by porkpie