Nominations for 1st Annual OFC Awards

OK we need a beard AND a hat?

El_Presidente.jpg

It must be a 2pile show crossing the border Doug.

Yes Joey is the first member of the Hall of Fame.

We need a special award for Wormdunker too. I miss them both. Those long phone calls and talks on the boat and on the deck with Brian I really miss. He was a "Far away talker". When he spoke he sounded like he was 50' away and he's 5 feet away in the boat. Soft yelling may be a way to describe it. I told him quit yelling, he yelled back "I'm not yelling" and he really wasn't. After all that time we shot the Bull I didn't know he ran his own D.J. service for years. Maybe that explains the soft yelling. I have not met many people that could keep up with him slamming back Beer I tell ya'. I don't know where he put it all and I never saw him blitzed. I put out a beer for him and I, go back in the cottage to get something and he's done. After a while I learned to give him 2 at a time. I once said "Bri you can have all the beer you want here bud but 1 more and you have to sleep here". "With Ticha?" he asks. I said "no you can't sleep with her but you can scrub her back in the shower, I'll get you a step ladder." We had a laugh. He was a funny guy. I miss the duffus.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It must be a 2pile show crossing the border Doug.

Yes Joey is the first member of the Hall of Fame.

We need a special award for Wormdunker too. I miss them both. Those long phone calls and talks on the boat and on the deck with Brian I really miss. He was a "Far away talker". When he spoke he sounded like he was 50' away and he's 5 feet away in the boat. Soft yelling may be a way to describe it. I told him quit yelling, he yelled back "I'm not yelling" and he really wasn't. After all that time we shot the Bull I didn't know he ran his own D.J. service for years. Maybe that explains the soft yelling. I have not met many people that could keep up with him slamming back Beer I tell ya'. I don't know where he put it all and I never saw him blitzed. I put out a beer for him and I, go back in the cottage to get something and he's done. After a while I learned to give him 2 at a time. I once said "Bri you can have all the beer you want here bud but 1 more and you have to sleep here". "With Ticha?" he asks. I said "no you can't sleep with her but you can scrub her back in the shower, I'll get you a step ladder." We had a laugh. He was a funny guy. I miss the duffus.

Hahaha this is all true! We became really good friends the second we met

And not just two beer at a time, two TALL boys at a time!

Miss ya Wormdunker RIP

Hahaha this is all true! We became really good friends the second we met

And not just two beer at a time, two TALL boys at a time!

Miss ya Wormdunker RIP

I don't buy tall boys, by the time I finish one it's at room temp. Heck the same goes for a regular size brew.

I don't buy tall boys, by the time I finish one it's at room temp. Heck the same goes for a regular size brew.

Not Brian lol. First time he showed up her I had dinner ready and a 6 pack. He eats, drinks 4 beer in about 15 minutes. Im thinking crap, he can't drive anywhere, plus he's gonna eat/drink everything I have lol

Runs to his truck, grabs 12 tall boys, cracks one. Talks about his truck for what seemed like 6 hours.

Go back in the back yard by the guest area. I think I had two more beer and that 12 pack was done lol

But you're never know he even had a beer??? It's like it had zero effect on him at all

Geoff, that can't be you. Too old. Maybe not, saw Tony Hawk on TV, he's no spring chicken today. Am I too old to know who Tony Hawk is?

I do know who is in the picture on the wall though and the artist. Does anyone recognize it?

My guess would be Terry Sawchuck

Simon lives there?

Lol for a $1000, what is Ken dryden?

That would be one of Team Canada 1972's goalies, who if memory serves me, played the last game against the Russkies. The goalie Esposito as opposed to the center Esposito was the other goalie, right? One Tony, one Phil, who remembers which was what...........

Simon lives there?

Lol for a $1000, what is Ken dryden?

We have a winner!

That would be one of Team Canada 1972's goalies, who if memory serves me, played the last game against the Russkies. The goalie Esposito as opposed to the center Esposito was the other goalie, right? One Tony, one Phil, who remembers which was what...........

I missed that game, born in 73... ;)

No winners yet. Ken Dryden is not the artist. He is KD however.

quote name="GBW" post="1009243" timestamp="1500313282"]

the artist's initials are KD (no, not Kraft Dinner)

"At The Crease" is the name of the painting. It is Tony Esposito. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. He is wearing his Black Hawks uniform though. He was pulled for Dryden in game 7, the rest is history.

AKA Shag, born in 73!!!! Young Pup eh? We had a Sr. Football practice after watching that game at a buddies parents apartment. We were so excited we threw Mrs. Sinker's sofa over the balcony 3 floors down. We were sober after 20 minutes of 4 quarter drills from the 20 yard line. Coach knew we would be pissed and had 2 garbage cans on the field ready for our Beer. The next day we had to pass the hat to buy her a new couch. She hoped there was a game 8, she wanted a new dining room set.

How in heavens sake would I know who Tony Hawk is? 86' I was 32 and on my 4th home. A bit to busy to know anything about skate boarding. I have to give it to that kid, he turned a single VHS tape he sold from the trunk of his Dad's car into a multi million dollar empire.

Edited by Old Ironmaker