Chainsaw fuel line... theres gotta be a trick..

tb4me

I have a Jonserd chainsaw. 16 inch bar. anyway ts time for new fuel lines...I remove the covers and primer then the carb. now its time to install new lines..lol ya right. The big line in the back went in real nicely..Now the small one in the front. What a nightmare..I have the line cut on a nice 45 and the tube lubed up with some wd-40 and it wont go thru. Is there a trick? There has gotta be.. Any advice would be awesome.. I'm almost at the point of hiring someone soon lol ... I wonder if there is some sort of tool that I can buy or borrow..

We use a piece of fine wire,

Feed the wire through the passage where you want the fuel line to go and out the fuel cap hole.

Puncture a hole in the fuel line right in the 45° cut you made in the fuel line (we just use the wire itself to do that) (push the wire about 1/2 an inch through the hole then bend the wire back on itself and wrap it around the main wire. Spray a bit of WD 40 on the fuel line then gently pull the fuel line through using the wire.

If you still can't get it, plan a road trip to Lindsay, I'll do it for you no problem, no charge!

I just did mine two weeks ago,It is a Mac 3818,just fed some mechanics wire all the way through the new line and bent back,cut on a 45,went through easy,good luck !!!

Glad that worked for you, the wire we use is about the diameter of the wire you'd find on those tie wraps (but we use a piece about 8-10" long) flexible enough to pull through but stiff enough to feed down into the gas tank and fish out through the gas cap.

Brilliant! Thanks guys...worked like a charm..Ha to thing I spent 4 hours lastnight messing around with this thing..Did it in under 45 seconds...LMAO. Cliff Ill be in Campbellford in 3 weeks on Vacation..Not to far from you my man...

Cliff...You're a good man...Tells your mother !

Ain't that the truth. If there is an award for most helpful on OFC Cliff wins it every year hands down. The award should be named after him.

And that is why I love this place. On top of the fishin' there is a wealth of knowledge across the board. I haven't needed to do this but one day, I might. :thumbsup_anim:

A big reason I am here. I even am polite here so I don't get banned.

curious. how old is J'red and did the fuel lines go because of ethanol ? I try to run premium gas (Stabiled) in my Husqvarna but also have cans of TruFuel around if I'm feeling lazy ;)

I'll also need to sharpie this wire trick onto the saw case lol

Edited by woodenboater

curious. how old is J'red and did the fuel lines go because of ethanol ? I try to run premium gas (Stabiled) in my Husqvarna but also have cans of TruFuel around if I'm feeling lazy ;)

I'll also need to make sharpie this wire trick onto the saw case lol

It was atleast 10 years old..Im sure it was ethanol but you cant complain about 10 years...