Fishing in the rain?

mattp33

Do any of you guys intentionally go out in the rain?

With the way the weather has been reported this summer I'm finding it hard to get out. Almost everyday I have available they are calling for rain.

I have good rain gear but I call myself a fair weather fisher.

Does anyone head out in a boat knowing or thinking it's going to rain?

I am disabled now and rarely make it out of the house, but for around 30 years I fished bass tournaments and took fishing vacations, dates were planned months or the prior year in advance, I took whatever weather I got.

Even fun fishing, I had some very good days fishing in the rain hoping for dryer weather next time. I would rather have rain than get blown off a lake by wind.

It depends on the rain gear. Good stuff yeah! Not so good and you end up soaked to the bone? Then a short trip. If I'm stuck due to rain and like stated about the wind I'll head out on my own if the winds are low. It's all in how you dress.

I had to work in the rain for many years, no matter how hard it was blowing or how cold. Now if I get wet I am bound to get sick, even got pneumonia. I would never fish in the rain even when I was young and fit, no way. Same with golf unless I was in a team format tourney.

I fish in any weather that doesnt involve lightning and even then i wait until i see the storm coming myself because i have no faith in the weather people lol.

Some of my biggest fish have been caught in the rain or just before so it aint gonna stop me!

Don't seem to have a choice the last couple of years......I have a Simms suit so I don't get wet, However being a Walleye angler I honestly believe that I don't do as well when it rains (medium to heavy) and I wonder if it has something to do with acoustic of the rain hitting the water. So....if it's a hard rain I don't go.

I hate fishing in the rain!

The last few years I have been taking a week and heading to BC for Steelhead. It rains out there. A lot!

Had no choice but to stick it out. On the rainy days I never caught a fish, but before rain hit, or after it stopped? Fishing was good to great!

Around the great lakes I don't even bother to go if the rain POP is over 50%.