Charging Electric Batteries NF

sofabed

I am looking at purchasing a trailer in a park on Pigeon lake. The docks do not have access to power. How can I keep my batteries charged?

I can think of a couple of options:

Solar - I have tried this in the past and usually find they only charge to 3/4

Have 2 sets of batteries and replace them every few days

Does anyone know of a quiet generator I could purchase? The park did say I could use one as long as there were no complaints

Thanks in advance for any help

If you are in a trailer park, someone will complain about your generator without a doubt. There is always a small population of folks in trailer parks that complain about everything. John's suggestion is best. Get yourself a small folding dolly from Costco and cut down on time and effort transporting them back and forth. I'd also put in the biggest batteries you can fit in the compartment and that way your likely to get multiple days between charges unless you troll on the bowmount all the time.

+1 to the folding hand truck idea... Never a short supply of people to complain when it comes to noise.

I have a Kubota folding hand truck from Costco (Ancaster one) I believe I paid 39.99 and it's been the best investment for moving tools around etc. I use mine almost daily Mon - Fri lugging tools at work probably in the range of 60lbs and have experienced any issues.

I do not suggest buying the magnacart from home Depot or any from Walmart or Canadian tire, I did and they were all returned within 2 weeks. I've now had mine for over a year and it still works as new.

I would be the first to complain about a generator running all day while I'm there.......I'm there to get away from the noise and Bull to relax and fish, not listen to someones generator........I'm sure you would too.......think of a neighbor that is always running his lawnmower........not good...

I think you have the right answer by changing them out with back up batteries using some kind of hand truck or even a kids wagon.

I purchase the trailer in the park and the current owners dock had access to power and the park gave me the dock so problem solved. I did come up with another option which was to rent a dock at a Marina a couple times a week. The cost would be $10 for the day or $20 for a night.

Thanks for your suggestions

Get a slip with shore power, if it's in the budget. If I had a trailer and a boat here on Eire I would be at North Erie Marina. Some boats are parked in your slip almost next to your trailer. I love that Marina. Valet service to and from the massive parking lot for putting in. Some of the marinas west of Long Point the trucks and trailers are parked on Lakeshore a klik away from the ramp.

Edited by Old Ironmaker