I need a Plumber!

Pex but instead of Sharkbite, I'd go for Surlok. Way cheaper and also I found Sharkbite connectors not as easy to remove as suggested. That small orange crescent remover thing is a right royal pita to use. It's made for baby hands lol. Surlok just needs a slot screwdriver to break the clamp.

Edited by woodenboater

Pex but instead of Sharkbite, I'd go for Surlok. Way cheaper and also I found Sharkbite connectors not as easy to remove as suggested. That small orange crescent remover thing is a right royal pita to use. It's made for baby hands lol. Surlok just needs a slot screwdriver to break the clamp.

Shark bites come off very easily with an adjustable wrench.

Edited by kuha

Learn to Solder pipe it is a talent / art that is useful for the rest of your life. Personally I never use pex it has to many inherent flaws even using the correct fittings and compression tools. The use of sharkbites while easy to put together it is easily damaged by freezing and mechanical stress. CPVC for potable water systems is a better median if you do not wish to solder. Look for a glue made by Oateys called Lava it is a quick bonding CPVC glue that sets in 1/2 hour. The PVC drain is easy to work with and Lava is also available found in most plumbing warehouses. Check with your local codes to layout the drain and vent systems if done wrong you can expect to be ripping it out if it fails inspection. Preparation and measuring twice will go far in your installation. Before you decide to get rid of your plumber you should discuss what you feel the issues are and if they can't be resolved then look for a replacement. Be forewarned no one likes to clean up a job that someone else started if they do not rip out what the other person has done and use what is existing any issues in the future will always be what the other plumber did.

Art

Thanks for all the advice. What I want is a Plumber, to install a tub and faucet. I work all day as a Glazier, like to fish on weekends, and am doing most of the work on my 2nd bathroom reno since may. Soldering copper pipe is easy, lets see you run a perfect 3/4'' bead of polyurethane caulking

Thanks for all the advice. What I want is a Plumber, to install a tub and faucet. I work all day as a Glazier, like to fish on weekends, and am doing most of the work on my 2nd bathroom reno since may. Soldering copper pipe is easy, lets see you run a perfect 3/4'' bead of polyurethane caulking

Heh...have you tried caulking/glazing off a swing stage or boom lift? Now THAT is what separates the hacks from the pro's who can tool a perfect, machine like bead. When I was doing high rise exterior finishing we would sometimes do jobs that required a whole skid of sausages for control joints, floor bands, balcony slabs, glazing, etc. I shake my head when I see the crap left by 99% of the "pro's", especially siding/window guys.

Anyways, listen to aplumma and have the job done with copper. Less failures, no worries of rodents chewing, peace of mind. Just plumb it yourself the next time bad weather ruins your fishing weekend....

• 2 years later...

I totally suck at caulking too. 

Am in the middle of caulking the exterior of my cabin I'm building.

Tried freehand high up on the back wall and instantly gave up.

Now I use tape!!! Lots and lots of tape to frame my bead. 

Takes a lot more time but my beads are looking mint now.