Tough day on Sparrow

mattp33

First time out tis year.....

We started out of lauderdale($25 to launch this year!!!!) and checked some grass beds close to the marina, third cast BAM! First bass of the year from the back of the boat burning spinner bait. I'm thinking ok this should be good we are doing something right?

WRONG..went an hour with nothing.. Checked the back bays, nothing but dinks, on a side note the small river near the float plane is LOADED with pike. I had some crazy topwater pike action for a bit but lost a sunfish and got the heck out of there cause I am after the bass today.

Headed out towards the islands after checking some spots in between, again some dinks...

Got to the island and managed a 2lbs smallie that really thought he was 7!

Tough day today, water was high, overcast conditions, cold and a little windy, lots of currant and muddy water. The weeds looked strange to me as well. Look very brown and dead everywhere. They even have a pretty good algae bloom this year. Very strange day.

I just could not find the quality that I am used to from this lake. I hoping it was weather related and not signs of things to come......

Simcoe has been no different. All this rain and high water has everything stupid. I tried adapting, but still a tough fish. The fish are just as confused as us.

The weed growth on Simcoe is way behind. I have been seeing fresh cabbage weed, but it is sparse.