Minor Bug Issue

DRIFTER_016

Surprisingly the dryer sheets (Fleecy) dipped in water will make your job easier. I'm sure you have smashed a few Love Bugs while in Florida. The dryer sheets worked on them and up here too. Much easier than other stuff I have tried. Let me know how it works for you. Sooner the better

Edited by floatman55

Dude, come down here when the mayflies are hatching in Caledonia and York. They'll shut down bridges because they become slipperier than ice, and your wipers only do so much against bug guts. The smell is the worst part of it.

Dude, come down here when the mayflies are hatching in Caledonia and York. They'll shut down bridges because they become slipperier than ice, and your wipers only do so much against bug guts. The smell is the worst part of it.

Been through the big shad fly hatches North of TO over the years.

Turn a lawn sprinkler on the truck for a few hours. That'll moisten the bug guts and what's left of their carcasses. Then hit the truck with a power washer; may not all come off on the first try but a lot easier then scrubbing by hand.

Dan.

No kidding eh Tom. Even worse along Lakeshore Rd. Looks like something is on fire as they create twisters darker than smoke.

After I wash the car and truck I spray Pam cooking spray across the front of the car and the back of the mirrors. Bugs just rinse off with a hose.

I can remember watching the Port Dover fire department washing down the dead mayflies on the streets. Especially the hill leading down to the lake; cars couldn't make it up the hill, it was so greasy. Cars trying to go down; well it was like hang on Mable, we're going for a ride.

Dan.

I'm serious, now spray the front of The Honda with Pam. Maybe for a Japanese vehicle Peanut oil. I'm telling you it works.

And to think. If it gets hot enough to fry some eggs and bacon on that, I,ll be there. LOL

Ya I know your serious . :D

• 1 month later...

You have that right neighbour. My wife worked that night and they had to look for the snow shovels to clear the sidewalks in front of the store. There are enough it can be as slick as ice. I saw them 6 inches (edit: not feet, ha) deep a few years ago in front of the Scotia Bank next to the bridge. When I was a tyke and we came out to Dover for a week we used to tie my aunts thread to their tails and fly them. These suckers are as big as Grass Hoppers. Our Italian Aunt who we stayed with would cook, sew and sweep sand from the cabin all day long. I think I saw her outside once that week. Because of that few days in around 60' I bought this place some 36 years or so latter. It had to be 60' because my baby brother was born a few weeks before and my brother and i got our first ever vacation. Believe it or not Bucks Cabins are still there. 2 adults and 4 kids in a place the size of a small shed.

Edited by Old Ironmaker