misfish

Video or Typed fishing report  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer ?

• Video
    • Typed and pictures added
    • Dont care,as long as it,s a fishing report

What do you prefer to see?

I was always into typing my report and posting pics. Since the new way of videoing, I have enjoyed using my new cameras for posting.

I ask for an honest opinion on this.

I dont do it for fame and glory, just for fun'

Thanks

B

Edited by Misfish

I prefer video. But pics are great and even is a well told report with neither

With video, just feels abit more personal and like your right there, can't beat that IMO

Now if someone could splice bunks storytelling and photos with Limeyangler vids.....

P.s. enjoying your vids too Brian!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

I think a combination of both makes a great report. Watch the vid or read the text and everyone gets a bit of the story. On the weekends at the trailer, it takes forever to watch a video (dial up) so I read the text. At home I watch and read the whole report.

Dan.

Brian the videos are great for people on a good connection. A mix of stills and story with a video at the end seems to be a perfect combo. They can then mobile the post and see it and at home they can watch the video. Either way thanks to everyone who takes the time to make a report.

Art

Most times I do like the written report with pictures and a video I will watch when I have time

Even the epic detailed 4 page reports it just look at where they were and the photos and go back and read the novel when I have time on my hands.

I like the picture and words best. I only watch about 30-40 percent of the videos. I do watch a lot of youtube videos, but they are generally the professionally shot stuff, and I watch at home on the TV. I'm not huge on chest cams, the video is often kind of choppy, but I understand guys like to catalogue their trips. My son wants to mount his gopro at the front of the boat for our upcoming trip. It won't be going on any websites but I guess it will be fun to watch later.

Post pictures with explanations of how the fish were caught. List the bait's and tackle so others can follow suit and try out new gear. And include some story on the trip, high's and lows really pieces it together nice. Takes work sometimes it goes unnoticed but always fun to put together regardless :)

I love reports of all sorts. Great people catching great fish and then making my day brighter by spending their time so sum it all up. I applaud all members who contribute to this great community. In short though I love a long report with pics or vids and also a story line.

Thanks all....

I've done both picture and video fishing reports myself. I think that video reports are hands down way better than photo reports. A video report captures the moment when the angler fights and lands the fish. A picture report shows you the moment after the big moment when the guy is just standing or sitting there holding the fish. It's not even close really, video report all the way!!!

Personally can't stand these idiots who post a tonne of pictures and write on and on and on about their fishing...

For awhile I tried the video thing and had some fun with making them. But it was just as much effort or more than the writing and hardly anyone viewed them. Personally, I like both but, if time is limited it's the video that will be skipped and I'll read a report and view pictures.

Videos as well, are often just snippets of the full experience, same as a written report, it's just that the highlights are presented differently. At this site and others, there's very few videos I'll personally remember down the road despite liking many seen, but there are a good many reports by members who wrote excellent accounts of their fishing, that have stuck with me always. And this is probably because, a written word finds deep roots. It's like... all those times you've said or heard in life... "the movie was great, but the book was waaaaay better." A likely reason for that, books tend to draw you in much deeper... they deeply root.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Like I said, I do the new video thing as it,s fun for me. If it,s not your thing, I get it 100%.

Personally can't stand these idiots who post a tonne of pictures and write on and on and on about their fishing...

For awhile I tried the video thing and had some fun with making them. But it was just as much effort or more than the writing and hardly anyone viewed them. Personally, I like both but, if time is limited it's the video that will be skipped and I'll read a report and view pictures.

Videos as well, are often just snippets of the full experience, same as a written report, it's just that the highlights are presented differently. At this site and others, there's very few videos I'll personally remember down the road despite liking many seen, but there are a good many reports by members who wrote excellent accounts of their fishing, that have stuck with me always. And this is probably because, a written word finds deep roots. It's like... all those times you've said or heard in life... "the movie was great, but the book was waaaaay better." A likely reason for that, books tend to draw you in much deeper... they deeply root.

Drew you made me think back to my high school days. I read the book ,Outsiders. I was trapped in it til the very end. I eventually seen the movie. Although it was cool, it was not as captivating.

Thanks again guys. Will be doing a mix up.

I think it is up to the poster to do what he or she is most comfortable at. Not everyone can write like a Pulitzer Prize winner and not everyone can make a viewable video and some, like I, am not able to post a photo here on OFC because of who knows why. Other forums I have no problems at all posting pics. Personally if I see a video that is longer than 5 minutes I pass. If there are numerous photos it may take forever for them to download with my some days limited rural service so I don't wait to see them.

Post your reports as you wish is my take on it.