Garage Build Question, cost of concrete work

RangerGuy

Hi All,

Thank you so much for the info! I would love to do the concrete myself, but I'm not confident I will get the foundations walls correct. With the restrictions on our property, I'm not allowed to change the grade, so that means

the foundation wall at the back & one side will be exposed where the pad meets it. I've been told by the only person I could get to come out and look I should do 10" walls with rebar because of the force these 2 walls

will be holding. They will be about 2' above grade where the floor will be.

With that said..I may end up having to do myself as I am having a terrible time getting anybody to do it!

Some foundations with irregular shapes and changes in elevation can be complicated, but yours will be a simple rectangle with door cutouts. If you choose to do this on your own, most places that rent forms will give you a forming plan which shows exactly how to form the walls. Just give them the dimensions and they'll figure it out for you and send you everything you need.

I doubt you need reinforced 10" walls with the highest elevation being only 2' above grade. Your local inspector will tell you exactly what you need as each site/project has specific requirements.