Carpy day

BFSC Kevin

It's spring and there are a ton of carp in the shallows now. Great opportunity to try out fishing for those large goldfish. Just some corn on a hook will do, they seem to be in quite the feeding mood. We grabbed some random rods and went at it. We even used the same rods later that evening for walleye. Have a gander and enjoy the video.

I dont hang with these guys, Kev and Anthony, but have met both of them a few years back. We bump into each other on the rivers in the fall, and Simcoe from time to time during the hard water season. These guys are stand up fellas. Where is my little dude Mikey though????????

Edited by Misfish

That sure looked like a blast, fantastic video, you guys always make a great film, very professional. Hooking into a 40" or bigger Carp and watching it tear off line gets the blood flowing, until they break off. I watched a few Carp "Pro's" fishing the Hamilton Harbour a few years back as well as here at a feeder creek down the road. The set ups and rigs they use are amazing to see, very specific to Carp. When I asked the one guy that was about to release a monster if I could have it to put in the garden you would have thought I asked him to do the same with his pet Dog. We laughed, he wasn't a bit.

Not a single Carp here spawning out front this year. Usually here in the hundreds making noise all day and night long.