12 mile lake and area (Minden)

CoolB

Hi folks, long, long, long time no talk! Hope al my old friends are doing great! Unfortunately I just don't do the amount of fishing I used too but I'll be heading up to a place called the Highlands Motel on the shores of 12 mile lake and wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some shore fishing opportunities in the area. I'll have a bit of time to go for a few hours maybe Friday afternoon or Sunday morning.

A blast from the past. Good to hear from you longtime no post guy. :tease:

Anyone that can help CB out please do. Hell PM him.

I have no idea of the lake or area Arron, but hope you get a lead and good luck, have a great time.

try the dam that separates mountain lake from 12 mile lake, should be smallies for sure, likely some road ditch brook trout creeks there as well, do a google search, or check with the mnr on fishing opportunities from shore in the area, especially if your looking for cold water species namely brook trout

• 3 weeks later...

My mother had a cottage on 12 Mile 1985-99 and I fished those three lakes quite often, mainly open water. Caught smallies, rock bass and lakers and heard of catches of small muskies and the odd whitefish (in winter). Never head of pike being caught but now they appear to be common in a number of Haliburton lakes.

I also spent a lot of time on these lakes from 1990-2000 or so. Never did see a pike or muskie but I remember a year or two after I stopped going seeing a local newsletter article of a 20lb+ pike caught on little boshkung. Now apparently there's quite a few pike in the system.