Alone

bobowski

New season of alone has started. Who's watching? I really like this show. No camera crew. Just a person alone in the elements. This year they have a new format where pairs are dropped off in different locations (10 miles apart) and one of the pair needs to find the other. Then they need to survive as long as they can and longer than the other participants in order to win 500K If you haven't seen it before its a great show IMO. I can't believe the people that have dropped out so fast with that kind of money on the line. But I guess the mental anguish gets to you.

Time to find a Torrent.

you can find it on genesis or exodus or whatever the current one is

i enjoyed seasons 1 and 3, 2 sucked with season one still being the best one. this one seems to be getting away from the whole alone thing. see how it goes.

you can find it on genesis or exodus or whatever the current one is

i enjoyed seasons 1 and 3, 2 sucked with season one still being the best one. this one seems to be getting away from the whole alone thing. see how it goes.

2 sucked? i thought they have all been equally great!

First season was cool because it was a new concept but it got repetitive fast. The new slant on it looks interesting however it seems like it will become more of a drama. I highly recommend recommend reading the book 428 days ( or 438 days, I forget ) - slow start but a serious book about survival with out a panic button. You will love it, I promise - its about a fisherman to boot!

I really like this show and a few similar, even Naked and Afraid although they don't have to do the naked part, silly. Nothing like looking at filthy naked butt covered in a rash and bites to get the juices flowing, eh? Another is Dual Survivor. If I get lost I want to get lost with the young Special Ops Army Ranger guy or a Navy Seal. The problem with TV now is there are so many different networks and specialty channels and the same show may be on more than a few I can never remember when and where.

I don't think I'll find it in the Bible, that's the only genesis or exodus I'm familiar with. When and where is it on?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

So let me get this straight, Alone is about American's who are place on Vancouver Island with supplies and gear and think its hard. In Canada we call that camping , guess we are built a lot tougher in Canada then our American neighbors ! :canadian:

So let me get this straight, Alone is about American's who are place on Vancouver Island with supplies and gear and think its hard. In Canada we call that camping , guess we are built a lot tougher in Canada then our American neighbors ! :canadian:

Try it and see how long you last. Ive done 29 days. Its not all butterflies and rainbows.

There are some canadians as well.

S.

• 1 year later...

I saw one of the participants on the 2018 show in Mongolia catch several large leeches in a “fish trap” in stagnant water on this week’s episode. He ended up consuming the leeches themselves (cooked) , but with the grayling in the area, I wonder if he wouldn’t have been much better off using them as bait?

Another guy built and wove a landing net that worked as intended to land fish. 

22 hours ago, MJIG said:

I saw one of the participants on the 2018 show in Mongolia catch several large leeches in a “fish trap” in stagnant water on this week’s episode. He ended up consuming the leeches themselves (cooked) , but with the grayling in the area, I wonder if he wouldn’t have been much better off using them as bait?

Im not enjoying this season as much as the rest ( I still watch them though). Some of the participants aren't so bright. The guy who ate the leeches is a little slow. He obviously knows not a single thing about fish, or fishing, as he can't catch squat. He had the perfect bait to catch some fish, and ate it.....DUH!! 

The other guy, Dave I believe, has a breakdown every time he kills something.  That's not going to go over well when/if he gets a deer. He seems fairly resourceful otherwise, I kind of hope he wins now. 

The dude who built the log cabin has my vote, but I'm not sure he can handle it mentally....time will tell. 

I have been shaking my head a lot with this seasons participants. 

S. 

On 6/17/2017 at 1:49 AM, LittleWorm said:

I am pretty sure it has to do with the individual person more so than there Nationality. lol

Art

14 hours ago, Sinker said:

Im not enjoying this season as much as the rest ( I still watch them though). Some of the participants aren't so bright. The guy who ate the leeches is a little slow. He obviously knows not a single thing about fish, or fishing, as he can't catch squat. He had the perfect bait to catch some fish, and ate it.....DUH!! 

The other guy, Dave I believe, has a breakdown every time he kills something.  That's not going to go over well when/if he gets a deer. He seems fairly resourceful otherwise, I kind of hope he wins now. 

The dude who built the log cabin has my vote, but I'm not sure he can handle it mentally....time will tell. 

I have been shaking my head a lot with this seasons participants. 

S. 

I agree, but Dave is starting to look a bit skinny.  Provided he can find the tenderloins, I suspect he'll get past it pretty quick.  I think if Britt can keep his head, he has a good shot.  The preview shots of some serious winter conditions means at least a couple of them make it deep.  

On 7/28/2018 at 12:10 PM, MJIG said:

I could be wrong but I was told a long time ago there are 2 types of leeches, ones that suck blood & ones the feed on dead flesh. Solid black ones, fish will gobble them up as they only eat dead flesh, Black with a red stripe around it's border are blood suckers & fish stay clear of those.  

Edited by ckewley

Well I just saw the most recent episode and I don't think Britt has any chance now.  His fishing has dried up and he was trying to pick scraps off the skin of fish he had already eaten.  I'm left wondering why the heck he wouldn't have eaten the skins to begin with?   The skin is full of fat and calories.  Pretty sure he's the only one that didn't opt for any food rations.  

Too bad that Carliegh had to tap out with the fish hook in her hand.  I think she would have won.

Edited by Chuck Enwinde