Help for a Fishing Lodge

beenfishing

Hi Everyone,

I love fishing but consider myself an intermediate fisher. The biggest bass I've ever caught is about 3.5 - 4 lbs (I fish mostly for bass) I seem to start visiting this forum about this time every year but I love the community. I don't own a boat but the best days fishing I've had have been on boats when it's easier to move around a lake.

Can anyone help me with a listing of fishing lodges in Ontario withing about 4 hours of Toronto? It would be good if I could have a cabin to myself and access to a boat rental and likely a guide for a half day or a day. Any recommendations you have would be appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

I love fishing but consider myself an intermediate fisher. The biggest bass I've ever caught is about 3.5 - 4 lbs (I fish mostly for bass) I seem to start visiting this forum about this time every year but I love the community. I don't own a boat but the best days fishing I've had have been on boats when it's easier to move around a lake.

Can anyone help me with a listing of fishing lodges in Ontario withing about 4 hours of Toronto? It would be good if I could have a cabin to myself and access to a boat rental and likely a guide for a half day or a day. Any recommendations you have would be appreciated.

Not to seem rude, but what are your expectations? Questions for me usually pose questions of my own. If you are not a boat owner? Do you need a boater operators card to rent one? Be prepared?

End result you are looking for? A vacation? Catch tons of fish? Or a learning experience?

To learn more and get experience on the overall methods and waters? A bass club membership could be useful to a non boater? Something like this?

http://www.mississaugabassmasters.com/index.html

It can also lead to other fishing opportunities?

The link DanD gave is a good one.

From your criteria, it sounds the French River would be a good area to look at.

If a place catches your eye, it's a good idea to get some feed back from the people here before you actually pull the trigger and give a deposit.

Beieve it or not to rent a boat in Ontario at least no boaters card required. A few minute tutorial is all that's required.

There just too many great places to stay in Ontario to even start making suggestions. Before anyone can start to list places the most important thing one would need to know is your budget. No sence suggesting a 5 Star resort with an American plan when your budget is less than 200 bucks a night. Heck cheap motel room is over $100.00 a night now 4 hours from Toronto.

Only Lodge I've been to was Loons Landing up on the French River, They have a 1 Bedroom Cottage for 2 People at a cost of $125/Day, $565/Week Including Dock Space & Launching Fee or $860/Week with a Boat (14 or 16' Aluminum) & 9.9 hp Engine, if just going for a day a single Day Boat & Engine Rental would be $65 with a 9.9hp Engine or $75 for the 20hp Engine, a Half Day Boat Rental would be $20 less, You'd also have to Buy Gas for the Engine. 10% Spring/Fall & Seniors Discount on Weekly Bookings: http://loonslanding.ca/pricing.shtml

On Canada Day I'll be going to Rainbow Camp for a Week with Family, a 1 Bedroom 2 Person Cottage there is $116 a Day or $580 for a Week, a 1 Day Boat (14' or 16') & 15hp Engine Rental is $80 or $350 for a Week, you'd need to Buy Gas & Oil for it also, 20% discount on Cottages and Boats before June 25 and after Labor Day. (Weekly rates only): http://www.rainbowcamp.com/rates.html

Edited by Lord Letto

Beieve it or not to rent a boat in Ontario at least no boaters card required. A few minute tutorial is all that's required.

There just too many great places to stay in Ontario to even start making suggestions. Before anyone can start to list places the most important thing one would need to know is your budget. No sence suggesting a 5 Star resort with an American plan when your budget is less than 200 bucks a night. Heck cheap motel room is over $100.00 a night now 4 hours from Toronto.

Just wondered about that Old, every camp I stayed at up there rented boats and motors. Budget is important to know too, like you say, a lot of great places up there, just depends on how much you are willing or able to spend.

You can hire a guide on Lake Erie for walleyes or smallmouth, but unless you have a boat or friend with one how much will what you learn out there help you with waters you may fish more often?

Not to seem rude, but what are your expectations? Questions for me usually pose questions of my own. If you are not a boat owner? Do you need a boater operators card to rent one? Be prepared?

End result you are looking for? A vacation? Catch tons of fish? Or a learning experience?

To learn more and get experience on the overall methods and waters? A bass club membership could be useful to a non boater? Something like this?

http://www.mississaugabassmasters.com/index.html

It can also lead to other fishing opportunities?

Hey Ohio,

I live in Burlington, On - so there's not a ton of good fishing spots close to me where I could eat the fish. Plus, I'd like a little get away with some buddies (3-4 of us) - I guess it's kind of a short vacation. But I do want to fish a lot...on a fishing boat...On a river/lake where I have a good chance at catching fish :) I don't need to catch a lot. 1 or 2 good ones and I'm happy. I would like to fish for some bass (because that's pretty much what I know and have lures for). I wouldn't mind learning to fish for Walleye. I definitely would like a guide for a half day or a full day. I think we'd be looking at paying $500 - 800 total for three nights x 4 guys.

Appreciate the help,

Kevin