The most you spent on a lure?

PUMP KNOWS

Unfortunately for those of us that use our musky baits there seams to be a large group growing of "collectors" that pay outrageous prices for rare colors or sizes of lures and in turn the market value climbs fast on all other baits from that bait maker

People are paying $100 USD for second hand lures the retail for $35 USD because there were only 20 that were made that color

Then unfortunalty a lot of these lures get hung in man caves and never get used

And guys like me can't afford the inflated sevens hand prices so I don't get the chance to try these interesting baits

Unfortunately for those of us that use our musky baits there seams to be a large group growing of "collectors" that pay outrageous prices for rare colors or sizes of lures and in turn the market value climbs fast on all other baits from that bait maker

People are paying $100 USD for second hand lures the retail for $35 USD because there were only 20 that were made that color

Then unfortunalty a lot of these lures get hung in man caves and never get used

And guys like me can't afford the inflated sevens hand prices so I don't get the chance to try these interesting baits

there's a lot of great custom baitmakers for sure and a lot are based on mass produced baits. That 300 dollar barfighter is really a suick with lipstick.

just remember, people have caught thousands of fish on jakes, believers, bucktails and suicks over the years and will continue to do so. fads will come and go but you learn the where when & how of those 4 intimately and you will have just as much success if not more.

Edited by Raf

just remember, people have caught thousands of fish on jakes, believers, bucktails and suicks over the years and will continue to do so. fads will come and go but you learn the where when & how of those 4 intimately and you will have just as much success if not more.

Good advice for any kind of fishing, not just musky. Plenty of fish to be caught on time tested patterns, without the new $30 whizbang!

Edited by porkpie

liverelease... let's go get em! I'll get down there somehow.. one for me, one for you!

The custom musky baits intrigue me. I have a few but find myself itching for more. Kinda like when i was 10 and collected baseball cards lol...

It's probably very true that the good old believers, jakes, and other off the shelf standards catch the majority of big fish when compared to the $100+ customs... I'd think.

There are some really nice custom lures out there though. Once you get over the hump of buying one or two, it gets easier. I understand why some hand made custom lures are priced the way they are, but the collectors buying the used stuff is a different story.