The most you spent on a lure?

PUMP KNOWS

Yup muskie lures will empty your pockets. For muskie my max would be about $50 on a trolling bait (a big one),

My max for a rod or reel was 50 bucks until I was led astray by those of you here on OFC, let alone a single lure. You Musky guys are either A) Rich or B) have too much money or then there is C) Nuts. I pick C.

Definitely C! lol

Yup muskie lures will empty your pockets. For muskie my max would be about $50 on a trolling bait (a big one), $35 for a topwater, $30 for a bucktail. And those would have to be built to amazing quality for me to drop that cash on them. There are plenty of great quality muskie baits (jakes, believers, big mama's, suicks, tackle industries dominatrix, northmen outdoors cabbage cutters, to name a few) that are under the amount that I'm willing to spend. Those Trofik 5 baits are amazing but I fell over once I heard the price.Thankfully we fish wish such heavy braid that you don't often lose a lure, but it sure does happen still. For bass I don't think I've ever spent more than $15, those Live Target lures right around there are a bit pricey but they sure work and take a beating.

Even with heavy braid rocks still slice it like a hot knife through butta. Almost lost a BWB like that on Gbay, thank god they float lol

At least with 80lb braid when I backlash (oh I mean, professional over-run..lol ) the lure doesn't snap off the line. Yup those rocks have cost me a few bucks...even with these "superlines" we fish nowadays. Thank goodness that BWB floated! I'd have been tempted to go for a swim

We used to snorkel a lot, not much as of late, like 10 years. We could come up with a $100.00 worth of stuff retail every dive in the right place. Our favorite spot was Burleigh Falls. We would sell them back for a buck each depending on the lure. Free for jigs.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

We used to snorkel a lot, not much as of late, like 10 years. We could come up with a $100.00 worth of stuff retail every dive in the right place. Our favorite spot was Burleigh Falls. We would sell them back for a buck each depending on the lure. Free for jigs.

Reminds me of these type of videos..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na5Eo8j4_T8

I don't fish anymore, but never a lot on an individual lure, maybe 10 bucks for a pike - muskie sized lure. I didn't fish for them often, and flea markets and garage sales here seemed to have a lot of them cheap.

Tubes, lizards, worms? I used to buy by the hundred.

Legend Plows were the most expensive musky baits I used and they went for around $85 each but I think they've come down since then.

Legend Perchbaits are a smaller version but also an excellent trolling bait that were about $50.

Been awhile since I purchased baits though so not sure where all the prices are now.

Ya you can go wild with Musky lures. I thought the "regular" lures were expensive at $20-$30. But there is custom stuff for over $100 Canadian.

these are $90 USD

https://teamrhinooutdoors.com/collections/frontpage/products/supernatural-big-baits-10-mattlock

And theres lots of lures in that price range.

a member here that shall remain nameless has shown me some of his $200+ lures...they are incredible.

Thank god they are tied on with 100lb braid lol!

Theres no better feeling than back casting a $10 fly into a tree and watching it hang there while there is nothing that you can do lol

Edited by AKRISONER

Reminds me of these type of videos..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na5Eo8j4_T8

I couldn't watch a minute of this kid speed talking. It sure sounds like he is cranked up on some kind of narcotic. Even the music is at break neck speeds. It is amazing what you can find off piers and spots people cast into. Never use bare hands to pick up lures from the bottom of the drink. Nothing like a nice rusty hook imbedded in it. He wore gloves sometimes.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Muskie lures are getting way to costly . I have a bunch I bought many years ago for $8 - $10 dollars now the same lures are selling for $25 -$30 thats a big mark up . Sure the paint jobs are better and heavier hooks but that is a big jump . I hope my wife gets a good price for my lures when I pass or she gives them to my grand kids LOL.

I know a guy who lost 2 Perry Winkles on Stoney Lake the same day in late October, I was heart broken, almost tearing, he laughed, i cant swim down 40 feet to retrieve them and back, especially in 50 degree water, they are up in the north end, still have the GPS coordinates on my Garmin.

2 bucks for an original 3 1/2 inch silver Rapala at Tower's Dept Store, lotta money for a 10 year old about 1960.

10 in 74. Man you brought back an old time memory. Towers on Eglington near Keele. When they opened a KFC near by, it was golden. $2 for a large box of fries. $5 for a bucket chicken. Me and my brothers would eat half the fries walking home. Pop would give us an extra $2 so he would have some when we got home. LMAO. Man thats a memory.

Staying on topic. We picked worms back then for bait. FREE.

Edited by Misfish

10 in 74. Man you brought back an old time memory. Towers on Eglington near Keele. When they opened a KFC near by, it was golden. $2 for a large box of fries. $5 for a bucket chicken. Me and my brothers would eat half the fries walking home. Pop would give us an extra $2 so he would have some when we got home. LMAO. Man thats a memory.

Staying on topic. We picked worms back then for bait. FREE.

I remember that place! BAck then we had Al Flattery out door store at Dufferin and Rogers!!!!

I remember that place! BAck then we had Al Flattery out door store at Dufferin and Rogers!!!!

Down the road form Fairbank pool.

Yes. The outdoors store was at Dufferin and castlefield area. There was a CTC there as well.

Do you know if Commisos is still alive and well? That area had many big companys. Parker brothers coffee. Freshie, Hilroys. There was also a paint company. CIL ? They had rows upon rows of panels out side covered in different paint colours. Beng older, Im guessing it was a longevity test of paint.

Staying on topic, we would also throw live moths in a pail of water so they couldnt fly away. You talk about a great bass bait . Small sinker, hook a big o moth on a hook and drop it . WHAM. Oh and Free.

Edited by Misfish

Believe they are all gone now B ayes Faibanks Pool parked manga night down in the park!!!!

The best deal I got was from CT, they sold me all of the lures that were torn off the hook or opened for $20 filled a whole box and left them a lot!!!

Do you know if Commisos is still alive and well? That area had many big companys. Parker brothers coffee. Freshie, Hilroys. There was also a paint company. CIL ? They had rows upon rows of panels out side covered in different paint colours. Beng older, Im guessing it was a longevity test of paint.

I lived in Welland in the early 70's, pretty sure Commisos started there, I see that their original store there is now a FreshCo, maybe they morphed into that name, Leons furniture also got its start as a family business in Welland, many years ago.