The most you spent on a lure?

PUMP KNOWS

Do you guys have a price point that you don't go over when spending on tackle?

What's the most you would spend on a bass lure?

pike lure?

musky lure?

I remember a time when I wouldn't spend anything over $15 on a lure.

But now my mark is around $25-35 on a pike lures.

If it isn't on clearance, at a tackle swap, bought used online or at a flea market or whatever, I won't buy it. Too many deals out there to pay full price. I only have a couple of exceptions to this. Black and gold husky jerks and worm harnesses components I will pay full pop for if in need, but generally I buy in bulk when deals come up and then I don't have to pay through the nose later. Sometimes my garage looks like a tackle shop, but I couldn't have the stuff I have if I payed full price for everything.

Muskie guys are going to win this thread hands down. I'd probably say $40 on some JDM topwater stuff.

Likely right Bill unless you add the collectors who own Haskell Minnows, or other valuable lures The Late Rolf Balansiak who made Wishmaster Big Baits are fetching over a 1000.00 for experienced chewed up models, and numbers go up from there, many of our Big Musky Bait makers today spent time in Rolf's shop learning from the master,

If you count a Dipsey, Spin Doctor, & Fly as one, them salmon fishers may give the muskie guys (& gals) a run for their money.

not even close...some of these custom musky jakes are hundreds of dollars.

I wish more JDM tackle came up second hand, but everything that does seems to just be posted for slightly less than the OEM price.

not even close...some of these custom musky jakes are hundreds of dollars.

I wish more JDM tackle came up second hand, but everything that does seems to just be posted for slightly less than the OEM price.

Ya you can go wild with Musky lures. I thought the "regular" lures were expensive at $20-$30. But there is custom stuff for over $100 Canadian.

these are $90 USD

https://teamrhinooutdoors.com/collections/frontpage/products/supernatural-big-baits-10-mattlock

And theres lots of lures in that price range.

I used to be on a forum where this one dood made lures with real fish skin such as sturgeon. I can't remember the price, but it was insane! Mind you the lures looked INCREDIBLE! I think he was from Sweden???

I'd probably cry if I lost $100 lure

Edited by manitoubass2

I got a couple of these. :whistling:

When introduced at the ICAST tackle trade show in 2006, the 12-inch MacDaddy’s Million Dollar Lure made headlines. Why so expensive? Might have something to do with 3-plus pounds of 14-karat gold and platinum, and the outer shell of 100 carats’ worth of diamonds and rubies.

01%20million-dollar-lure.jpg?itok=hVl58b

^ that is just silly. How in the Lords name can someone troll that from a 100' Yacht? Besides that no self respecting fish would eat it.

The most expensive single lure would be the Live Target jointed perch I paid 20 bucks for. I don't know if it's any good because there is no way I am going to chance on loosing it so it never leaves my place. I probably have a grand worth of stuff that has never been wet. It's like Xmas every spring when I dig into the corners of my closet and find bags of stuff I bought sometime over the cold winter. I'm sure it's the same for my wife with shoes and clothes I bet.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Muskie guys are going to win this thread hands down. I'd probably say $40 on some JDM topwater stuff.

Yes, I must admit I'm one of those guys lol. Among other baits that I bought, this year at the odyssey I spent $160 on one of the Trophic 5 musky baits. It looks like it's built like a tank but I haven't used it yet, waiting for Gbay to crisan that baby. That's the expensive end of my collection, I also have a few BWB's a hose bait and two headlocks and some various other baits coming in at just over the $100 mark.

Edited by Musky Plug

If I went through all my stuff, I,ll bet I wont find one that I have spent over $20. I buy bags of tubes,swim baits for $5-$7. Add another $4-$6 for jig heads to go with them. Terry and I split on a lot of spinner baits. All top end baits. There were 40 of them. Cost, well we,ll keep that to ourselves. We got a super deal. 1/3 the price new. Just like the full lot of jig/tube hardware we got. Buying in bulk pays off. Body baits? I do have some jerks that get close to the $20. Did I pay full price? Not a chance. I search a lot of classifieds and find them at 1/2 price or less. The tackle swaps are a huge $ savings. I got no problem dropping a few bucks on baits that look cheap, but work great. Up grade the hooks is all I do.

When you can get a couple of guys to buy a lot of stuff, you save big time.

Our local tackle guy find lots of stuff. He will pass on the saving to his customers. Example. 5 -1/2 & 1/2 hammered spoons last year, for $20. That,s 1/3 price, if I had bought them all at reg. price.

Deals are out there. Search for them.

Yup muskie lures will empty your pockets. For muskie my max would be about $50 on a trolling bait (a big one), $35 for a topwater, $30 for a bucktail. And those would have to be built to amazing quality for me to drop that cash on them. There are plenty of great quality muskie baits (jakes, believers, big mama's, suicks, tackle industries dominatrix, northmen outdoors cabbage cutters, to name a few) that are under the amount that I'm willing to spend. Those Trofik 5 baits are amazing but I fell over once I heard the price.Thankfully we fish wish such heavy braid that you don't often lose a lure, but it sure does happen still. For bass I don't think I've ever spent more than $15, those Live Target lures right around there are a bit pricey but they sure work and take a beating.

Honestly, plastic baits end up being the most expensive at the end of the day. Pretty much $10 for Yama Senko's , and I can go through 2-3 packs a day. So at the end I'm left with no lures.

Otherwise , buchertails or vision 110s Is where I draw the line, and even they hurt to buy...

Honestly, plastic baits end up being the most expensive at the end of the day. Pretty much $10 for Yama Senko's , and I can go through 2-3 packs a day. So at the end I'm left with no lures.

Otherwise , buchertails or vision 110s Is where I draw the line, and even they hurt to buy...

I dont disagree, but, how many fish did you catch on them? I,ll bet 70% to the 100% you started with. These baits are, consumable.

I can go through a bag of tubes in a month. Hell, I have used the same tube for probly 6-8 fish. Fish that tube til there is a single tentacle left. LOL

Edited by Misfish

Yup muskie lures will empty your pockets. For muskie my max would be about $50 on a trolling bait (a big one),

My max for a rod or reel was 50 bucks until I was led astray by those of you here on OFC, let alone a single lure. You Musky guys are either A) Rich or B) have too much money or then there is C) Nuts. I pick C.