New battery for SUV opinions NF

manitoubass2

So I've literally never changed a battery in any of my vehicles.

Tomorrow might be the day.

My bro in law geniously decided to clean the vehicle and play music for six hours, now I can't jump it.

Still nothing after a 4 hour charge, so im assuming if it won't charge by tonight I'll be replacing it.

What's a good CT option? I don't have a princess Auto or anything around so im basically stuck with Walmart or CT

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Edited by manitoubass2

Couldn't help you with CT or Walmart batteries but Costco (Kirkland)batteries are the best in my opinion and cheapest priced as well. I have bought several from the local scrap yard and they have all been working great after a few years

Edited by huzzsaba

Got the 800 amp from walmart put in my caravan last fall. I had shopped around and really didn't find any dramatically better deals other than DIY with something smaller (550 amp, which was what was in it and I wanted bigger) and that really was only a matter of about 15.00. I can durn near drive on the starter is how I'd sum it up. All told it was around 160.00 installed taxes in net of exchange. And I read a book for a few minutes while they did all that (couldn't do it myself with my arm back then) and their usual inspection & report. I've run the radio while working around it with doors open for a few hours, climbed in and drove away. All winter no problem starts at all. Thought I'd give them the chance and I'm glad I did. For the sake of a few bucks vs them doing vs a sale elsewears vs wasting any further time researching I'm satisfied with the outcome. Probably is better out there but it was over and done quicker than me typing this, price was ok and I'm impressed thus far.

Michael

Edited by cheaptackle

Thanks fellas!

I can install it, but $160 is more than I seen from my brother in law in the last 5 years of living with us.

It might be time for him to move on lol.

One more try tonight. If she doesn't fire up I'll be shopping tomorrow

Edited by manitoubass2

If I buy a car battery from the Walmart here they install it for free, as long as I can drive it there. I had to replace the one in my 2009 van a couple of years ago, I haven't driven in 6 years so it sits for long periods of time unless my son needs to use the heavy metal.

Never had an issue with a battery from Walmart, after all, it's not like they make them.

Give the terminals a good cleaning and make sure they are tight. Then boost from another battery that you know is good. Then add the charger. He might have discharged it to the point where the charger doesn't "recognize" the battery.

M2, before you run out and buy a new battery Rick check out CTC and the NOCO G3500 Battery Charger. I picked one up last month after I could not find my booster pack or charger anywhere in the mess I call a shed/shop/garbage holder/tool depot/tackle centre. It says it can bring a dead battery back to life. It was on sale for around 110 all in. I love it.

Of course a week after I bought 2 new units I find my not so old charger and booster pac. Tich said it was a scam.

Check it out.

Give the terminals a good cleaning and make sure they are tight. Then boost from another battery that you know is good. Then add the charger. He might have discharged it to the point where the charger doesn't "recognize" the battery.

This is probably the problem. If the battery is too low then the charger won't kick in.

Exactly what it was, thanks!

When it comes to Marine/Automotive batteries, there really are only a couple of factories that make them for all brands. I don't think you can go wrong with Walmart or CTC. They will stand behind their warranty, and the price is usually right.

Glad a good cleaning an boost worked in this case. Might want to keep an eye on it over the summer before cold weather hits again.

When it comes to Marine/Automotive batteries, there really are only a couple of factories that make them for all brands. I don't think you can go wrong with Walmart or CTC. They will stand behind their warranty, and the price is usually right.

Glad a good cleaning an boost worked in this case. Might want to keep an eye on it over the summer before cold weather hits again.

I had already cleaned the terminals as they had a tad bit of rust developing.

Never had a battery issue till now and it's for an obvious reason lol, but yeah I think im gonna change it this weekend anyhow

OI I have that same booster. But like mentioned it wasn't recognizing the battery it was too low. I checked it on two other vehicles just to make sure and the booster is fine.