Fishing report: A new PB

I spend a fair bit of time on the water... as I mentioned I am guilty of fishing for the fish of many casts. I have been exceptionally lucky this season. Musky season 2017 opened just last weekend and on my third cast this past Saturday I welcomed aboard my new personal best. Again I give credit to the boys over at handlebarz musky lures. I picked up a set off blades of Mr.Parker and have been delighted again and again by the result. This fish did a number on my bait so I will be in the market for a new one soon I'm sure. I'm not sure I will ever want to retire the colour I grabbed after all the action it has gotten.

This beauty came from Lady B up in the Kawarthas and she measured in at just over 47"...IMG_3067.JPG

Edited by _al87_sns

That's a beauty fish! Congrats on the new PB! Sounds like a great start to the season! I'm jealous! Lol. Was out for the first time yesterday on sturgeon, had one rip trolling but it shook of right when I grabbed the rod. No dice casting, didn't see any fish.

Sounds like your bait has got "it". Just keep trying to fix it until it won't hold up anymore. I made the mistake of retiring a bait and went and bought the exact same one, just wasn't the same.

That's a beauty fish! Congrats on the new PB! Sounds like a great start to the season! I'm jealous! Lol. Was out for the first time yesterday on sturgeon, had one rip trolling but it shook of right when I grabbed the rod. No dice casting, didn't see any fish.

Sounds like your bait has got "it". Just keep trying to fix it until it won't hold up anymore. I made the mistake of retiring a bait and went and bought the exact same one, just wasn't the same.

Thanks for the congrats Lew! I have spent about two years looking for a fish like her, she was a ten in my books. I do have friends who have been fishing for years who have not managed to get one like that so I know it will be a tough one to top.

Seems this season has been slow for many people, the weather made things a bit different especially up in the kawarthas. The fish are not establishing the same patterns and it seems to take a bit more to find them. I have been able to raise a few and not get them to commit even on the 8 so I think time will tell how this season plays out but so far so good for me!

Pigeontroller, if the name represents you favourite spot for musky it's a beautiful lake. Last week was my first musky from there on opener before that they had managed to evade me! We didn't do much trolling we seem to have better success casting there. I have spent a great few of time trolling Georgian Bay and LSC.