Lets read your "Bucket List"

Just read the thread from 2014 by New Hips about his NWT Pike trip to Taltson Bay. Wow, added that place to my very long "Bucket List". I did cross one off this year as last month I had the opportunity to be invited as a guest and Golf the Blue Monster at Doral in Miami, another Trump course. Long isn't the word for it. A few of my need to do's before I kick that bucket.

Take my wife to Europe, she has never been, and go to all the places I wish I could have had her there with me.

Surprise a Japanese friend I met on business there 25 years ago. I haven't seen his family or him in 17 years. We just hit it off from the first moment we talked.

Go to Cuba and fish the inland fresh water lakes for 10 pound Largemouth, and catch 1.

Golf Augusta, where the Masters is held. Even if I win the lotto it is highly unlikely unless I befriend a member or become pals with the Governor of Georgia, if they would let him in. I only know 1 person that played there and he was a guest of a famous Hall of Fame NFL player.

Go to the NWT and catch 100 big Pike a day like New Hips and his son did. And get on the water with Dave at his new place as I'm already there.

Fish Lake of the Woods and I might as well drive M2B2 nuts for a few days while I'm in his neighbourhood anyway.

There is one that is X rated I can't and won't share here.

That's about it. Of course I would want to do all this and share it with my beloved, maybe except the X rated one. I have never been one to sky dive, swim with the sharks, bungee jump and all that kind of thing. I always said, "I get paid to get excited I never pay to get excited."

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I think it was Moosebunk who inspired this one....

Fishing Salmon on the Fraser River one day, then Sturgeon the next!!

That to me would be an ultimate fishing trip!

I'd also like to rent an RV and drive to BC, then down the west cost of the US...across the south and up the east cost to the Canadian maritime provinces.

Lastly....own a cottage on a great little fishing lake to retire with my wife.

Erie bass

Kings in bc

Okeechobee for bass

Steelhead on a pin, anywhere

Hurry up and come down OI! Be a blast!

Oh also I don't care where it comes from, but I've caught soooo many 12lb walleye and I need to catch a bigger one. I feel like im perpetually stuck on 12lbs

Fishing:

Fraiser river white sturgeon

20 lb laker through the ice

20 lb pike

10 lb Bass

Lake sturgeon

Brook trout on the fly

Blue Marlin

Non-fishing:

Get back to Thailand and make memories I actually want to remember

Less then 20 minute 5k

Qualify for the Boston marathon

Come top 3 for my age at an obstacle race

Qualify for the OCRWC

Comeplete a successful muscle-up

Have a kid

All great goals. Rick, you men come UP north, you come down south. I'll put you on big Erie smallies and will do my best to get you that 13 pound Pic.

jeremy84, if you were born in 84 you have plenty of time to hit all your "to do's". Your last goal is the best you will ever achieve. That is the best to do on any "Bucket List" I have ever seen, read or heard, you go man, excellent.

Next bucket list item i will check is lake of the woods. 10 days there in a few weeks chasing musky.

Next year i want to scratch halibut and ling cod off on a trip to vancouver island.

After that maybe costa rica for some salt water species.

S.

I've been to Rome 3 times, ( born 60 km east) London once, Frankfurt once. travelled through Switzerland and France by trainload Rome, Italy from Rome to Calabria.cruised the Carribbian Mexico and Florida.

Ontario up to Cochrane east to Ottawa and west to Tobermory and everything in between. I have produced every Ontario Tourism publication since 1995, And still doing it.

Bucket list, OI, don't have any right now. just enjoying the grand kids, We usually go away as a family. The last Aruba trip we were 10!

before that a cruise we were 15!

Niagara is always on my mind, everything I do alway mentions it , but hen they get 14 million visitors a year.!

Ontario your to discover! I was involved with the logo design and now on our plates.

1. Sutton River Ontario. Brook trout. Have several inlaws and work friends who have gone and it's been something I've put off since around... ohhh about 2000-2001.

2. George River at Helen's Falls Quebec. Atlantic salmon, arctic char, brook and lake trout. "Almost" made it there in 2008.

3. Ekulak River, Victoria Island Nunavut. 80,000 arctic char push through a 2 mile stream during three weeks in late August. Chrome salt strong bullets.

4. Costa Rica tarpon. On the Atlantic side during May, through a couple different resorts, two anglers in a boat could potentially hook into a 100 tarpon over a week.

5. Panama or Guatemala. Roosterfish.

6. Anywhere for Taimen.

7. Anywhere in Nunavut for char or lakers.

8. Thinglevir in Iceland for big browns would be cool too.

Three fish to catch... Atlantic salmon, tarpon and roosterfish.

Outside of fishing I'd like to take Brenda to Scotland.

I think it was Moosebunk who inspired this one....

Fishing Salmon on the Fraser River one day, then Sturgeon the next!!

That to me would be an ultimate fishing trip!

I'd also like to rent an RV and drive to BC, then down the west coast of the US...across the south and up the east cost to the Canadian maritime provinces.

A great list. I would love to fish the Frazer and hook one of those Dinosaurs as well. I did the Van to San Diego highway 1 runs with my close friend I still see today when we were 19. Bought a 65 Chevy Bell Air in Vancouver for 500 bucks and got all the way to San Diego back to my uncles in Roseville Ca. near Sacramento before it died. Borrowed the money from him to fly back. I think we still owe my father the coin come to think of it.

It was New Hips that wrote the original report. Credit where credit is due.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

ketchinany, you are living a bucket list. I have been blessed to travel the world on the companies dime. I never would have afforded it all on my own. The only continent I have never been to is Antarctica, and I'm good with that. Not all glamorous. 3 weeks in Oulu Finland 45 KMs from the Artic circle in November/December, stupid cold, ridiculous frozen to the soul cold. A month in Iran to a Blast Furnace operation in June, average temps 35 C, in the shade, no AC control rooms, not even lunch rooms let alone AC, you eat on the Cast House floor. Always accompanied by a Government "guide" the entire time. No cold beer, not even warm beer unless you want to pay 200 US for 12 and risk 10 years in a Iranian prison. I can wait. As soon as we left the airport and cleared alcohol banned Arab countries air space the flight attendant was pouring copious amounts of booze. I never had a better beer in my life than that one, and it was Budweiser.

Mr. Bunker, I can't believe you have a list, especially of fishing destinations. I would love to see a list of places you have already fished. That would be any fisherman bucket list, actually enough magnificent destinations for a long list of fisherman.

And Wayne, I always love your philosophies when it comes to life and living.

Ketchinany, you have never been to Niagara Falls and you live in Little Italy (Woodbridge)? You aren't alone. I had pals in Hamilton in their 30's that had never been as well. I had relatives in Abruzzi that were in their 50's then that had never been to Rome then.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Fishing wise?

Learn to spey cast and fish the doublehander

Begin to sell custom made rods

Build a bamboo rod from scratch

Catch a musky on the fly

Catch a tuna of decent size

Destinations wise?

Labrador, Iceland, & Argentina for Atlantics

Sutton River Brook Trout

NWT for Pike on the fly

Mongolia for Taimen

Queen Charlotte Islands for Salmon

Tasmania and New Zealand

Edited by Tom S

And remember our walleye aren't wet socks

I know you know what you mean by a wet socks fish. That makes 1 of us. All the fish I catch are always wet coming out of the drink. Looked at Windfinder today, we said we have to get out here or Lake Ontario which is less than an hour from us. 25 to 60 KPH winds on both freaking lakes for the next 7 days. This spring just sucks. 1st day of summer is next week. Furnace set for 60F and it came on last night and I turn the gas fireplace on every AM and some evenings. I don't leave home without a jacket every day. This should be muscle shirt and shorts time. Maybe I shouldn't call anything I wear these days a muscle shirt, a sleeveless shirt I should say. Down to 185lbs, haven't been that since High School, and not the same 185. Muscleless shirt.

Hahaha nah, I've played netman for a 13.5 and a 15

And remember our walleye aren't wet socks

Yeah, I know. You are a master netman as well as a master baiter!! (Too early for cheap shots??)

The biggest one I saw was the 1 my dad told me about!

Edited by SirCranksaLot

Next bucket list item i will check is lake of the woods. 10 days there in a few weeks chasing musky.

Next year i want to scratch halibut and ling cod off on a trip to vancouver island.

After that maybe costa rica for some salt water species.

S.

I have never fished B.C. I will have to add it to the list. I did get to fish Costa Rica at a guys little place there and was originally from Hamilton. He had the pizzeria down the street from Mom and Pop's place where I grew up. Best Pizza in Costa Rica. I better hurry up and win a lottery before I hit my best before date.

LOTW muskie trip

10lb bass out of Florida

Great Slave laker

Fly in spring pike

Deep sea marlin

Barracuda on muskie gear

BC salmon on the fly

Is all you guys here only want to fish or what? That's a beauty of a list there too Mistaredone. Anyone that needs someone to carry their tackle and bags (almost said rod, nope) I am available anytime of the year, just cover my trip cost. I will take care of my own food.

All great goals. Rick, you men come UP north, you come down south. I'll put you on big Erie smallies and will do my best to get you that 13 pound Pic.

jeremy84, if you were born in 84 you have plenty of time to hit all your "to do's". Your last goal is the best you will ever achieve. That is the best to do on any "Bucket List" I have ever seen, read or heard, you go man, excellent.

Thanks. You'd be surprised how hard that last one is to accomplish. In the younger generation not a lot of women want to have a kid and the ones that do, I don't want to have them with. I think I have found the perfect lady now though.

Thanks. You'd be surprised how hard that last one is to accomplish. In the younger generation not a lot of women want to have a kid and the ones that do, I don't want to have them with. I think I have found the perfect lady now though.

That's great! But don't rush it!!!

first thing on my bucket list is live long enough to see all my children succeed in life,2 are now both in post secondary education with my oldest finishing off his 8 month co op to what looks like will be a very great career,my daughter just finished her second year at university and has 3 more to go for her dreams to come true. The youngest is still in high school for 2 more years but has his plans for post secondary. Once that happens I just want to be able to spend some time travelling with the wife to see places anywhere really,and just one summer fishing NWO area,always been a dream.