OH TALK ABOUT BEING FOOLED,,,,,,,,,,,BLOOPER

misfish

:Gonefishing::whistling::lol::w00t::rolleyes::Gonefishing:

Got my oldest out for a morning on the water with Terry. Thanks bud for doing this BTW.

Was a long morning of not hooking fish. My son has been following my reports and thought hey, I want in on some of this action. I was sure hoping we would be on fish, but the past weeks weather has been crap. No stability . I thought I seen the rod in the holder bob a bit. Thought maybe a small fish that didnt take off the clip ( Simcoe lakers are known for this ). So pull the rod and well, fight was on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We had a good laugh at the end. Was time well spent, non the less. We were sharing time on the water together. :good::thumbsup_anim:B)

Edited by Misfish

Never put the punch line in the title. We have also had epic battles with tires, anchors, chain link fences and pieces of abandoned fish huts. We actually had a double header once with 2 tires.

I've been there. First time(if I remember correctly) I spooled up 20lb suffix 832 when it first came out, I snagged what I that was a huge sturgeon.

Turns out it was a hull of a tinny, I landed it lol

Edited by manitoubass2

M2B2,

You are so inaccurate sometimes it's mind boggling you are so far off base. It's more like 95%. Why is it when we chat on the phone we never talk about fishing? I try to but our talks is you doing the talking and me trying to get a word in edgewise, some call it interrupting I call it "The Listening to Rick Show." haaaa. You know the other night when we talked I whispered into the phone "you are so full of doo do you stink" and you said "hold on let me finish".

Now if you tell me you reeled in a 15 foot boat I'll tell you the time we reeled in a Russian Sub on the St. Lawrence and sold it back to them.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

We always have 1 buddy on the boat that would rather nap than fish and wouldn't know a hit from a hat. Snag his line and when you reel it in hook an MT can to his hook and let it sink to the bottom. Then yell to him "you have a fish on sleeping beauty wake up!!!!". Watch and laugh, especially when you net it out of his sight screaming it's a trophy, a trophy Carling. For those that don't want to bring MT beer cans out on the water substitute with any Pop can.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I thought I seen the rod in the holder bob a bit. Thought maybe a small fish that didnt take off the clip ( Simcoe lakers are known for this ). So pull the rod and well, fight was on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I went on a charter once on lake huron and same thing happened. I was watching the rods and just a slight movement of the rod and then nothing. I told the captain I am sure i saw it move and sure enough there was a laker on. Funny thing was it must have crossed the downrigger line. I ended up reeling the 4 lb laker and the 10 pound cannonball. I was sure it was a big fish lol until it surfaced .

Well his GF family had a good laugh as well. We all laughed and enjoyed our time out. He is talking about getting a yak, I have been trying to talk him into getting a toon. Looks like either way, more fishing trips are in the future.

B, in my early days of ice fishing on Simcoe that gag was pulled once a night! I've pulled more crap out of Simcoe that you can shake a stick at!

Fell for it a few times :(

Albert

I can remember hooking onto things at the bottom of the lake. Some were unmovable, some would just take time to bring up. I remember bringing up an old steel bucket full of corn. LOL Simcoe is full of surprises.

well,it looked like you were going to be a good net man

lol

I tried . LOL

B once I hooked 4 feet of evestrough full of mud, this mother was heavy, I also hooked onto a rock, this thing was covered in fossils and my pearl got in one of the holes! I lost it in the snow after a week!!!! Who know how many millennium it had been down there. It went back.

back then if you took beer out you paid for it to the operator to bring it out, IF you didn't bring back very cap and bottle you lost you deposit!!

Well a cap dropped in 46 FOW! I spent and hour witha magnet and eventually caught it, hei it was about $5 back then!!

alway carried a spare cap after that :)

Haha....thats more than i caught out there! Great seeing you fellers out there. Too bad the fishing sucked. Couldnt ask for a nicer day!

Last time i EVER go to innisfil though. What a gong show. I will stick to the east side, thanks!

S.

Edited by Sinker