What happened to WFN

CRAPPIE

hmm, must just be you. go to your rogers page, you can select individual channels, costs $2.50 per month for WFN only

IMAG0566_zpsklcochph.jpg

It shows up on the Guide for me too. But is will show a 'no longer available' message if I try to select the channel.

We all recall Shaw and rogers posting ads "FX not available on Bell" (is now) so maybe that's a new marketing plan for the Sat companies then to have new customers. Duno but they had negative ads in the past so why not bring them back up (with WFN of course) to win some new tv customers.

Bell Fibe you have to get the BE$T package to get it or add it on as a $ingle Channel :wallbash:

You can get ANY package and add it for $4. Why pay for best when not needed? You can add any channel to any package. EG: Good + WFN = happy with rate and what you want. Right? Why pay for best when not needed for the 1 channel?

I miss the days of Red Fisher and Babe Winkleman. Now Red he was one crazy skilled angler and TV personality all in one. His favorite saying on the water was "Pass me the Crown my friend". I remember the one show he staggered into the camp fire. They must have not had enough bucks to pay someone to edit it out because there it was in full Black and White for all to see. Babe and his wife nearly came to blows one episode when he had one too many Old Milwaukie. She always had a spot at the end of the show demonstrating to all the "ladies" how to cook your man a great meal. She was frying Crappie and he said, "that's perfect because you are a crappy cook". I miss the days of TV when there was no such saying as politically correct.

Bell Fibe you have to get the BE$T package to get it or add it on as a $ingle Channel :wallbash:

fibe is not available in my neighbourhood, its all around me, but not in the little block im in older homes as well, not new builds. the fastest internet speed available to me from bell is 5mb/s......its brutal. with rogers im at 100mb/s and speed tests have me at 70mb/s down,15mb/s up

talked to rogers today as well via facebook and got this response

Hello, thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, WFN is no longer available. Notifications were sent via bills: World Fishing Network (WFN) will no longer be available as a channel option as of June 1, 2017. If you subscribe to WFN as part of a Customer Choice Package with a Pick 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30 option or subscribe to the Mix Pack (15, 20, or 30), WFN will be automatically replaced with one of the following channels to maintain your current discount: ESPN Classic Canada, Cottage Life or BBC Canada. Don’t worry if you already have one of these channels or prefer another selection, simply call us at 1-888-ROGERS1 and we’ll help you choose from over 100 channels in our Digital Specialty line-up at no extra charge. If you do not subscribe to WFN through the above options, we will stop charging you the monthly service fee of $2.79/mth plus taxes as of that date. All other aspects of your Rogers service(s) will remain the same. If you wish to respond to this notice or, if you have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your Customer Choice Package, please give us a call at 1-888-ROGERS1 or reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter.-

fibe is not available in my neighbourhood, its all around me, but not in the little block im in older homes as well, not new builds. the fastest internet speed available to me from bell is 5mb/s......its brutal. with rogers im at 100mb/s and speed tests have me at 70mb/s down,15mb/s up

My house was built in '52, we had the 5mb/s service from Bell for over ten years and their satelite TV . Changed to the fiber for both as soon as it was available, internet is faster and you can watch TV during rain and snow squalls :thumbsup_anim:

My house was built in '52, we had the 5mb/s service from Bell for over ten years and their satelite TV . Changed to the fiber for both as soon as it was available, internet is faster and you can watch TV during rain and snow squalls :thumbsup_anim:

we had fibe at our old place, it was great! funny part is, when i called bell and told i was cancelling, i said that they couldn't touch what rogers is bringing, when i told them what that was, the guy just yep, you're right, but Fibe is schedualed to be put in your neighbourhood by the fall.........that was 2 years ago, still no fibe available here

not to mention the problems we had with bells billing service, but thats a topic for another thread

Edited by FloatnFly