What happened to WFN

CRAPPIE

Bull

Rogers doesn't care about viewership only profits generated.

true but I bet the free preview is over hence why they cannot set it now.

If it was me I'd have done something very simple and gone to the WFN site to see what was up... But that's real easy to do... :ninja:

Spoke to Rogers yesterday wondering why it was removed as I just looked over our bill... He said that they make changes to channel packages from time to time and WFN wasn't viewed as much as others... I asked are they compensating anything of the channels missing from my Adventure Pkg I pay an additional 10.00/month for ?? Hope, nothing... Welcome to Rogers.....

funny that a buddy :whistling: got a call from a person today and the caller changed over all his service's over to another company because of WFN. So a $4 channel lost that company $200 a mth. Makes for a great business case to drop it in my eyes... :angel:

I think the explosion of youtubers and vimeo channels the past 3ish years really took over and dominated vs cable channels...imo the content trumps anything on the cable channels

100%.

you don't ​have to​ sit through 10 minutes of commercials​ to watch 5 minutes of watered down fishing that's really just another commercial lol

I canceled it 5 years ago. The kid on the phone said it's only $1.99 a month Sir, I told him that he wants to pay it for me I'll keep it otherwise cancel it. It was frustrating watching the crap on there. 30 minute TV commercials other than a few good ones like the "Tarpon Tour" then they stopped showing that. Al Linder was my Guru when I started fishing, when I saw his new series I wanted to cry, if I want religion I'll go to church or watch the 700 Club or call some of my in-laws.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I canceled it 5 years ago. The kid on the phone said it's only $1.99 a month Sir, I told him that he wants to pay it for me I'll keep it otherwise cancel it. It was frustrating watching the crap on there. 30 minute TV commercials other than a few good ones like the "Tarpon Tour" then they stopped showing that. Al Linder was my Guru when I started fishing, when I saw his new series I wanted to cry, if I want religion I'll go to church or watch the 700 Club or call some of my in-laws.

I fished with Al. Funny thing, he doesn't talk about religion at all. We hit up 5 mile pre fishing for the fort Frances bass classic for hours.

Before that, I had met him a year or two prior at the bait shop, same scenario. He gave my son a box of brand new clackin raps for free.

He's an awesome guy. Never understood why his show ends the way it does???

That was about 7 years ago. He was already ranting on tv

He's keen to have a drink and a puff too.

But to be fair every "pro" I've fished with is.

It's like the pga but not quite as bad. Pga golfers, if your not a drug addict/alcoholic your outta the loop

Edited by manitoubass2