retirement trip advice wanted - 4 spots 2 fish in the LOTW area

scuro2

Having never been to to LOTW I wondered what those who have been to LOTW area would think of 4 good and different spots to fish to get a feel for both the fishing and the different landscapes of the region. If asked for Southern Ontario I might suggest, the Ottawa river, Kesagami, Lake St. Clair, and Manitoulin.

I've heard good things about Pipestone, and Lac Seul. Shoal lake looks less developed. Looking forward to your suggestions

You could spend a lifetime on LOTW alone. I'm headed up there in 30 days. Friend of mine just bought a lodge there. I can't wait!!

S.

Pat Boyd???

Lake of the woods is unreal man.

Pipestone chain is really good too. Lots of good walleye, bass and big pike. Even Lakers

But I'd stick to LOTWs and maybe hit some of the backlake nearby for fun. Kegaki is really fun to visit. Tons of Lakers in there and you can sight fish at 90 feet deep lol

You could spend a lifetime on LOTW alone. I'm headed up there in 30 days. Friend of mine just bought a lodge there. I can't wait!!

S.

Pat Boyd???

Pipestone chain is really good too. Lots of good walleye, bass and big pike. Even Lakers

But I'd stick to LOTWs and maybe hit some of the backlake nearby for fun. Kegaki is really fun to visit. Tons of Lakers in there and you can sight fish at 90 feet deep lol

Pat Boyd???

Yup. My better half is working there for the summer. She went up on monday. I'm solo for the summer....

S.

Yup. My better half is working there for the summer. She went up on monday. I'm solo for the summer....

S.

Wow, pretty cool! Looks like he has the camp in fantastic shape too and Pat is a great guy!

I've been thinking about visiting this summer as well.

Your better half is gonna be in heaven lol

Wow, pretty cool! Looks like he has the camp in fantastic shape too and Pat is a great guy!

I've been thinking about visiting this summer as well.

Your better half is gonna be in heaven lol

Yes, she is in heaven. I'm pretty jealous! I will be there the first week of July for 10 days. Come by then.

Little bit of a trip but when I worked up there I loved Bluffy Lake in Ear Falls. If Keith and his wife are still running the camp there, you will never meet nicer people. I think the lodge and lake were featured on a fishing show a couple of times. The walleye fishing there is unreal with some big pike as well.

Little bit of a trip but when I worked up there I loved Bluffy Lake in Ear Falls. If Keith and his wife are still running the camp there, you will never meet nicer people. I think the lodge and lake were featured on a fishing show a couple of times. The walleye fishing there is unreal with some big pike as well.

Hey I fished there too! Also wine lake, Doug something or rather owns it. Good fishing in there too and he has hottubs in the cabins lol

I think it's called sleepy dog cabins, about 20mins south or ear falls

Edited by manitoubass2