It's spring, it's here,

and the eagles take flight.

Walk the walk with me...

Chasing A Wild Life.

17_zpsqovht1og.jpg

13_zpsf5o0m2hw.jpg

35_zpsoakzz66f.jpg

44b_zpsfkjryhkg.jpg

Been out there running around... ALOT! Some spring fishing and quite a bit more in this little write up... Read on if you like here...

Bunk.
Edited by Moosebunk

Great stories and adventures Mr Bunk.

I'm always leery about taking possession of stuff like the merman. Sometimes those things just don't harmonize well in their new home.

I miss Selfmade's input here.

You're living the "wild life" for sure, thanks Bunk!

Ok, rub it in, rub it in. Now that the Borgerman seems to have left the site you have taken over his role of making the rest of us look like green Martians!!! <_<:wacko::mellow:

I'm just not sure of the best response here... :whistling:

Great stories and adventures Mr Bunk.

I'm always leery about taking possession of stuff like the merman. Sometimes those things just don't harmonize well in their new home.

I miss Selfmade's input here.

You're living the "wild life" for sure, thanks Bunk!

Thanks again Chris man!

There is a lot more to this merman, the carver, his family, and the purchase than my work can allow me to say online. The gut tells me it is a good omen... and in actuality, an incredible gift in some respect.

Mikey (Selfmade) follows the two boards still... but certainly not like he used to and, has nothing to do with social media. He is a busy guy but he and I have a couple insane future trips booked that will keep him around if any read these reports. He has some great fishing and pictures that I have urged him to share online but he won't. It's gotten harder overall with the forums I think? In his case, very few posts means few get to know him, the boards are slower than what they used to be and, a few critical people may have turned him off... So I think with his little time to enjoy, there's just a sense now of "why bother?" But I surely miss having him, and many around. In fact, I'd give up any other social medias to have the forums rocking again like they used to but until then, I guess you have to spread what you've got around and spend whatever appropriate time you have with the masses wherever the percentages may be. It's becoming more deflating as well, to put time and effort into the boards, into fishing reports, discussion and such, for different reasons. Still of the mind that if given a few hours on a spring night to spare online, I'd rather read a Cookslav gonk report, followed by a Brock backwoods trek, then a Borger Epic Adventure Quest, followed by a Misfish float tube diddy, etc, etc,... instead of,a like, like, like, like, like, comment, like, like, like, like... even though, that's OK for entertainment too and many keep in touch and support others in that way.

Anyhow... got a little off topic. lol. Come on up, stay and hang out with me sometime dood.

Don't get discouraged Bunk. Coming from a guy that has similar interests, I love hearing about the crap you do and the "wild life" you live.

I've got a little guy at home. I love seeing him everyday, he adds so much to my life. I wish he was awake right now and sitting beside me. It won't be long until we're traipsing through the bush together on our way to a back lake. But right now I don't have the freedom I did before. It's hard when I'm getting emails and texts from friends about their fishing adventures. I pulled the plug on your FB group because of the constant bombardment of fish pictures, meanwhile I wasn't fishing. I was going to start pulling my hair out.

When I first discovered OFC it was Bunk and Solopaddler that stood out. The stuff you guys do, you guys were accessible for questions and would chime in on crap, always well written and polite. dill a gaf and Billy Bob also stood out back then. I'm lucky enough to be going on a Solopaddler adventure next week and can't wait.

If things work out, we're hoping to do an extended camping trip this summer. A mobile trip, break camp everyday and drive a couple or few hours and keep moving. I'm leaning towards heading NW but if we head E, I want Bunk at the campfire one night.

Edited by chris.brock

Hey man, with the little guy you're in a great but different sorta place, but never a need to explain. When my youngest was that age only Fish Ontario, OFC and F-H were around... but Lew was still kinda old then too. lol. Not the same amount of distractions in the home as there can be today. Don't blink man... it goes quick.

The FB group... well, that started differently than expected and will be changing up some shortly. Just like with my own friends, the group there whether big or small is best to be more personal... more "friendly." You've always given off that vibe so you're welcome to rejoin at anytime.

This summer is busy with a couple northern trips and maybe a work/char combo too but, if you come east tho and I'm around, there's a firepit in the backyard and lotsa local fishing we could try. Off work Sept to mid Nov if you have a weekend free too. Enjoy Napken! That one from Hearst has always caught my eye. Lotsa water you and Mike will dissect easily.