video of work done by Trimmed Out Boats

GBW

I saw this last night when my friend shared the video on FB. I think I was have called a lawyer as opposed to the commentary in the video but I can certainly see why he was upset. I'm wondering how the exchange went when he picked up the boat? Would you not normally inspect it and then pay the balance? Maybe I missed that part...but yes, I'd loose my mind. This Trimmed Out Boats business advertises on Kijiji all the time.

Ya im interested to hear the story about when you picked it up ? I assume he was not there, and left it outside for you to pick up

I watched it with sound. Royal pee off I'm mad for you

I'm don't think the boat owner in the video is anyone on here or the OP....was it???

Yeah that's brutal... The guy paid 4k up front, it was 7 weeks late as well as the work being terrible. Also he was supposed to be getting vinyl floor not carpet

4K Up Front there's your issue.

Bet the business has the name changed before the end of the week

Here's the quote on facebook...

Jamie Shields Look bud, don't tell me to show compassion!! Actually don't tell me to do anything, If 4000 meant anything to him he would have asked around, read reviews, seen work that was done bye him at his shop, any other place would have been 6000, he was just horned up to go boating, cheap as possible, if something is to good to be true it probably is, pretty sure he's failing to show the state of the boat before, he says it's worse I highly doubt it,

18622242_10212310959506777_2544145398260

^^^^ ahhh ok gotcha, makes sense with his opening statement and lack of rant lol . It was early lol

Yeah no not me or my boat. It was all over my FB feeds yesterday is all.

And yeah if it was a gut it and rebuild then that pic is null and void as the owner was paying for a rebuild the way he wanted it... vinyl and the screws he provided

Yup, I saw it.

If it was my boat his shop would be a smouldering pile of ash today with the owner nicely BBQ'd in the middle of the pile.

This is why I'm glad I have the skills to this kind of thing myself and don't need to rely on others.

Man I'll take the before picture and $4000

What is unexplainable is the screws through the hull. Even the crappy cuts, how much harder is it to take a little extra to complete the cuts properly ?

I mean the boat was junk before, but come on. Take the extra day towards the quality , and charge him $200 more . How you could let that leave your shop like that is beyond me. The screws through the front really give me no sympathy to trimmed out.

As bad as that job is, who gives a $4000 deposit for a job that shouldn't exceed...Dare I say $4000! And who doesn't get some references in this day and age??? I would want to see some prior work before I let someone redo my boat. And if that company was anything at all they'd have a real website instead of just a FB page!

Thats why I spent all winter doing mine, I wouldn't trust anyone else!

Edited by Pigeontroller