Ontario Hydro

DRIFTER_016

Hope they get wiped off the map. Instead of paying debt off they increase it. This is a real bright move when the head boy is making 4 million a year.

You want to read some real money waste read the action plan on climate change.

The problem is the average Jane/Joe looks at it from day to day, smiles, says thank you for the decline in hydro rates. In the long run they have absolutely no concept of what interest, deficit and debt does. Shows how many morons are out there.

Re: "Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault has said OPG has expertise in managing hydro-related debt."

That's an understatement.
Hopefully the voters won't fall for it... I know, wishful thinking.

Edited by JohnBacon

Hopefully the voters won't fall for it... I know, wishful thinking.

A lot have, save now to pay a lot later and they get re-elected.

If they pass the legislation next week it will be law and no turning back, we are stuck with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have known a few people who put a lot on their mortgage and in the long run lost it!

My dad used to say "wear your shoe, how it fits, not too tight; but not too loose".

Followed his advice and it does work.

well this makes tons of sense. :shakes head:

We're going to save you $24B off your hydro bill and it's only going to cost you $45B!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Man, politicians are complete morons!!!

http://www.cp24.com/news/liberal-hydro-rebate-plan-will-cost-45b-and-save-ratepayers-24b-watchdog-1.3426861

Aren't we the morons? Not only for giving them a 4th mandate but have let them get away with what would land us morons in the Crowbar Saloon breaking big rocks into smaller rocks for a very long time.

The problem is the average Jane/Joe looks at it from day to day, smiles, says thank you for the decline in hydro rates. In the long run they have absolutely no concept of what interest, deficit and debt does. Shows how many morons are out there.

Not sure its right to call them morons, there are people out there that can not afford to heat their homes in winter. Given a choice between heat and food some were going for the heat. A plan to reduce the cost will entice a large number of people.

The mess is there I would love to see a plan to fix it not just kick the problem to my wallet.

I am not trying to defend the indefensible by trying to defend what they have done. I will not be voting for Wynne. But bear in mind that we the public have been shafted by all 3 parties---Peterson, Rae, Harris and now Wynne. Their mucking around with the elec system has always been motivated by politics, not economics and it us poor suckers who end up paying thru the nose!

Hence why the fiberals got in again !!

So much for the pipe dream of "clean affordable renewable energy"

It's sad because this is a thing. We just can't get it right. The big boys like China, USA, Germany, etc etc etc are making major investments in renewable energy. And I doubt this is done in the spirit of environmental care. These countries aren't stupid.

Solar, wind, geothermal and to a certain extent hydro, are a sound ways of producing energy affordably.

It's just so sad that Canada can't execute this properly.

My only recommendation is to install your own renewable energy source; whether it be solar or geothermal. Solar is at a point now where it's a clear net gain even without adjusting for future increases in electricity costs.

It's sad because this is a thing. We just can't get it right. The big boys like China, USA, Germany, etc etc etc are making major investments in renewable energy. And I doubt this is done in the spirit of environmental care. These countries aren't stupid.

Solar, wind, geothermal and to a certain extent hydro, are a sound ways of producing energy affordably.

It's just so sad that Canada can't execute this properly.

My only recommendation is to install your own renewable energy source; whether it be solar or geothermal. Solar is at a point now where it's a clear net gain even without adjusting for future increases in electricity costs.

I have looked into solar, 30k, repaid after 8 years. It's not bad imo. The only drawback is the liability, I have a friend who did it with his house and squirrels ended up just wrecking his roof, damaged 3 panels and he had water damage as a result of the damage caused on the roof, he had to shell out big money to remove the panels, fix the roof and then replace and have them setup again.

I have looked into solar, 30k, repaid after 8 years. It's not bad imo. The only drawback is the liability, I have a friend who did it with his house and squirrels ended up just wrecking his roof, damaged 3 panels and he had water damage as a result of the damage caused on the roof, he had to shell out big money to remove the panels, fix the roof and then replace and have them setup again.

The new Tesla roofs look good. They have solar shingles instead of adding solar panels to an existing roof. That would solve some of the problems with solar. They are a less efficient though.

Connecting all of those shingles may be an issue those.

Metal roof!!!

Just sayin'. ;)