Fish and Game Spot Check

4x4bassin

The reason this thread is not locked is because while political it is fishing related as per the rules. No one has been offended to the point they sent a report or P.M. Most people who are approaching the edge of the rules of disrespect are backing off after I sent them a P.M. I will ask at this time to please tone down the insults and state your facts or opinions and respect the same of others. Any one who has been here should realize that post counts do not dictate if a thread stays open. If that was the case we would encourage people to rip into each other since bashing and insulting each other likes an audience. If at any time someone feels a thread is going wrong please send a report. Who sent it is no ones business and will not be disclosed. I read as many of the posts as I can but I have limited time and miss some, most of the time it is a report that gets my attention and allows me to find the hot spots.

Lastly most of this thread is about your rights and it is important to protect them. The level of passion you have to protect them is dictated by your tolerance to paying the price of calling their bluff. If you think that a search is not warranted then make them get a warrant but you should not complain about the next step of waiting for a warrant. If you question a law office authority then expect his attitude to adjust to an escalated situation. It has nothing to do with being a sheep or a wolf it is rather deciding if this is a battle I believe in strong enough and want to stand my ground. If you stand your ground will it have any effect on the future of the issue being resolved you decide and react.. I spend at least a week in Canada in a popular tourist area and because my boat is easily seen by my ID as being out of country I get checked every time for correct papers ,equiptment and catch on the water. I have never questioned or given DNR a reason to detain me or denied them access because I agreed to the search when I bought my license.

Art

I had an empty beer can that fell out of the case in the back seat of my pickup I was taking back for deposit fell out of the case I could have be charged with open alcohol in a vehicle. I wasn't charged because the LEO believed me. You never dealt with Security idiots until you dealt with the Rent a Cops at Stelco in Hamilton. I could write a short story. I was stupid for not keeping it out of reach. If you have a mini van and are bringing home your weekends worth of libations make sure it's "out of reach". We only have 45,000 residents in Haldimand County and a Yellow Page full of Lawyers.

Know the law and abide by it.