Its been a bit damp this spring, I guess

spincast

Jordan Harbour, this morning:

RIMG0046_zpsqrv2ix3o.jpg

a more typical view this time of year.

DSCF0264_zpsbda9fd0a.jpg

The weather this year has been a real :wallbash: Hardly any opportunity to get out. Not seeing a lot of bait this year either ... 5 hours this morning only saw 1 bait ball. Sure hope things return to normal soon

Spincast, just thank the stars that you are not still launching at Don Campbell's Marina inside the harbour and ducking to go under the QEW bridge. Water was high in the 80's and my 18 footer just cleared if I put the antenna and rods down, the water is 6 to 12 inches higher than that now . :canadian:

http://images.ourontario.ca/lincoln/57571/data?n=3

Edited by dave524

The harbour is stilted in so there's not much water.. The Niagara Conservation Authority now owns it. I am not sure if it's happened yet but the plan is to provide a canoe launch..

There was a pretty good population of largemouth in Jordan going back as far as I can remember, they got hit really hard by bass fishermen in the 80's and the silt situation pretty much did the fishing in for them. Was also a pretty decent place for icefishing for pannies in winter about the same time, still a decent place for carp and cats. The NPCA owns the old marina ,I understand they enforce a no gas outboard policy now.