Custom Musky Jig and Swimbait - follow-up

landry

IMG_5521.png

Last Fall, I posted a swimbait with a spinner blade that I poured at home. It was rudimentary but worked great and got me one especially fat 46" musky last Fall.

I have spent the winter making molds of other baits and an improved mold of my swimbait. I will likely post some in the classified section but a few guys expressed some interest in the swimbait last Fall. If anyone wants one the just send me a PM and we can talk colours, price...

Anyways - jig is similar to Bondy bait with a heavier insert and .062 stainless wire. Action, balance and fatigue on arm is VERY similar to Bondy Baits - cause let's face it - he nailed it.

Mine is more realistic and will be painted and can be custom ordered.

The swimbait has a removable Colorado blade, is slightly bigger than a Shadzilla and will also be painted. It has a great belly roll and tail kick.

The two baits pictured are just a taste - still need eyes and paint touches. The silver sparkle is WAY brighter in real life. Gonna look great with a white belly and darker or chartreuse back.

Bait weights:

Jig - 7.5 oz

Shad - 6.5 oz

I have videos of the baits in action but I can't post easily here.

If anyone wants to see the videos just send me a PM with your email and I will send them to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you the "Man With the Plan" landry? Nothing better than doing something you would do for free. Not a Musky guy but they sure look like Esox magnets to me. Get in touch with Dan Columby and get him to try them, a member here and a highly experienced and respected Nipissing Musky guide. nipissingmuskies.com. If they are as good as they look he will know and will be a great ambassador for your product. Networking is the key to getting a new product out onto the market. I want to see these in every Canadian Tire, Bass Pro, Cabela's and Sail stores across North America. If you could use a partner contact Dragon's Den producers. Why not? I have a buddy who's brother went on there with a better, and ridiculous, Dog pooper scooper. They where the Steelworkers from Hamilton that had a chocolate bar coming out the fake Dogs end unit and Mr. Wonderful ate it. They didn't get a deal but are making some sales for 2 retired guys just because they got 7 minutes of priceless national marketing. Why not, get on the phone.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the compliments. I poured a ton of time into these over the last six months.

Like everything it was harder to get the perfect action and balance than I expected and of course I learned the most from the regular design screw ups.

For now I am selling small quantities to help cover my start up costs. I only have one of each mold so making large numbers isn't possible now.

I have a friend who has Chinese manufacturing contacts and he wants me to run a large quantity too. Lol. But to be honest it's like an art project for me and I really got into it for the love of fishing and as a creative endeavour. I just love Heli-Dawgs and I wanted a paddletail bait with a spinner idea which didn't exist for musky. I have a couple evil plans for other baits too. I still have my wooden masters and may make more molds this summer.