What # Test Suffix 832 for Spinning Reel?

fundseeker

Would 20 Lb Test Suffix 832 braided line be too heavy on a medium sized Pfleuger President XT SpinningReel rated on the spool for 10 Lb Braid? I spooled my new Pflueger President XT with 14 Lb Suffix Fuse braided line and am very disappointed in it. It doesn't cast well at all. I've always used 10 Lb test Suffix 832 previously and liked it . I have a full spool of 20 lb Suffix 832 here I could try which seems much limper and smaller diameter than the 14 Lb Fuse braid which is stiff and wirelike even after a few days of casting and trolling.

Personally, I don't like any braid <15lb test. Most of my spinning reels have 20lb test Powerpro on them. Anything else, especially the 8 stranded braids, is just too thin for me. I wouldn't use 20lb test on a size 1000 reel though.

I was just at two CT's today and they had Powerpro at $18 to $19 for 150yards and PowerPro Superslick at $24 - 10lb to 50lb test. Grabbed a spool as a backup.

Personally, I don't like any braid <15lb test. Most of my spinning reels have 20lb test Powerpro on them. Anything else, especially the 8 stranded braids, is just too thin for me. I wouldn't use 20lb test on a size 1000 reel though.

I was just at two CT's today and they had Powerpro at $18 to $19 for 150yards and PowerPro Superslick at $24 - 10lb to 50lb test. Grabbed a spool as a backup.

Im the opposite. I love thin braid, hate higher tests

The only time I will use a higher test(which is due to me obsessive nature to try) is vertical jigging

Edited by manitoubass2

Im the opposite. I love thin braid, hate higher tests

The only time I will use a higher test(which is due to me obsessive nature to try) is vertical jigging

Sure. A lot has to do with fishing style. I find that thin stuff knots easily and wraps around my rod tip way too often on spinning gear. Besides, 20lb braid is the same as 6lb mono in diameter. It's not like it's rope like 100lb braid!

Sure. A lot has to do with fishing style. I find that thin stuff knots easily and wraps around my rod tip way too often on spinning gear. Besides, 20lb braid is the same as 6lb mono in diameter. It's not like it's rope like 100lb braid!

Again, I get the opposite

Use to use Crystal 10 lb on my spinning reels.

Last year switched to Nanofil. Much better IMHO.

Smoother, thinner.

Casts farther

Others have said not very strong but I've not found that to to be the case. 10 lb.

Landed several Muskies last year while walleye jigging. No leader.