Henry's Fish Restaurant - Frying Pan Island.. Closed REOPENING!!

irishfield

Any that liked slipping in for lunch while out fishing (or flying) you're out of luck this year!

Letter to Our Customers May 16, 2017To all our valued Customers, Friends, and AssociatesIt is with great regret that due to circumstances beyond our control Henry's in SANS SOUCI will not be opening this season. Henry's South @ Wye Heritage Marina is operating as usual.There is an extreme shortage of qualified personnel in the Restaurant Industry and compounded to this difficulty is the seasonality and unique island location of our Sans Souci restaurant.Any questions or concerns please email [email protected]

Edited by irishfield

saw that on FB too. unfortunate, only positive i can think of is that channel can be a zoo sometimes with lots of boat traffic. i imagine this will reduce that.

That's the "line" they're using anyhow Bill ! Guess there's no more cottage kids up there that are close enough to boat over to FPIsland to work, that parents aren't just handing money to..... instead of them getting out and earning their own money!

What a shame, I always took at least one trip out there. Maybe it is for health reasons or he lost money last year and planning to do something else with the land.

Thanks for posting Wayne, I would hate to boat all the way there to find out it is closed like I did in September two years ago not knowing they close after Labour Day.

• 4 weeks later...

So goes the fate of most Mom and Pop businesses. Costs are skyrocketing in all aspects of running a business from administration costs to labour and price increases won't be tolerated by customers. No one is going to pay double for the same cheeseburger that they paid for last year. With a 15 buck minimum wage soon many more businesses just hanging on will be gone too. Here is your $15.00 wage retail and fast food worker, good luck finding a job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The lastest on Henrys !! Sounds like you'll be able to get your Pickerel fix this summer !!! :)

Message from John Cooper regarding Henrys Restaurant in San Souci:

Friends, I had a call from Paul Elliot this morning, from Florida, to tell of the sale of Henrys to a mid 40’s couple who have restaurant experience, The gentleman is also an experienced carpenter! Their children are in their late teens, in school, and will be participating. These folks are from the area.
Paul said that they are high energy, aggressive and very likeable, and have great plans to expand their o...fferings. Paul said that final details are being put in place and as soon as the ink is dry, he will let us know, so we can help to generate much enthusiasm, and encouragement for the new folks.

Paul said he will be there to help out, introduce them to their customers and familiarize them with all systems, etc.

Paul has been pushed by all the commercial dependents, GBA, the Chippewa Cruise boat, water taxi operators, etc., as they need to prepare their marketing plans for the coming summer. He has now notified all, so they can move forward with their preparation!

More to come!

Cheers!
John