Talked to Wormdunker today!!!

He is on a 14 day break from Chemo and is 10 days before another round of Chemo. He sounded strong and we talked for 20 minutes before he ran out of gas. He wants to let everyone to know he is appreciative of everyone's concern and is sorry he doesn't post here any longer as it kicks the crap out of him to concentrate. I also told him we miss him and to get better.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thanx for the encouragement guys. It has been a rough road since I was fist diagnosed back in February. I've had 9 chemo treatments & 2 radiation treatments since then. For a while I had a hard time writing & typing due to the cancer affecting my left shoulder. A radiation treatment 3 weeks ago has greatly improve my typing skills. My neighbors & family members have been awesome - performing my yard maintenance chores. My wife is the best care giver a guy in my health conditions can ask for. She does absolutely everything for me. Now I just gottat show her some fishing knots! The staff at the Walker Cancer clinic in St. Catharines have been the best! They are very kind, compassionate & professional in every task they perform. At this point I am able to walk short distances with my cane & now we have the nicer weather I'm able to walk up & down my driveway to slowly regain my strength. Hopefully I'll be able to dispose of my cane soon & concentrate on improving the mobility in the rest of my body. I wish you fellow fisherman the best & you get tight lines as time passes. You wouldn't believe how anxious I was as walleye opener was fast approaching. Well I say there will be more openers in my future.

• 1 month later...