A little Irish Turkey nf

kickingfrog

Thanks Wayne.

Forgot the box calls at home. Thankfully my brother had a mouth call in his pocket.

20170512_122453_zpstumytrn1.jpg

Edit to add: My brother figures that old mouth call he had in his pocket was about 25 years old. He bought it at the turkey course he took in the early '90's.

Edited by kickingfrog

Was driving around Tiny Twp last weekend a bit and saw a lot of turkeys. Quite the population come back over the last few years. Good to see. Maybe I'll dust off the 12 guage again some time. What are they like to eat around Simcoe County? (assuming you are not strictly a C&R guy :D )

Edited by Canuck

Was driving around Tiny Twp last weekend a bit and saw a lot of turkeys. Quite the population come back over the last few years. Good to see. Maybe I'll dust off the 12 guage again some time. What are they like to eat around Simcoe County? (assuming you are not strictly a C&R guy :D )

https://www.thespruce.com/what-do-turkeys-eat-386553

LOL, they sound a lot like ground carp and will eat just about anything they find?

I've only eaten ones from here (except for a southern ON bird that was smoked, and delicious) so I can't say. For me they taste like a turkey but with more turkey taste if that makes sense.

If they'd sell two tags at a time, he could have hit another. George.. George.. did you trip... are you alright. Jim shot the bird, I walked out of the hangar and the other Jake was still staring at his buddy! Good size Tom... about an 8" beard.

Okay Rob.. you know the rules and as I told Jim just let yourself in and out. Our son that lives right next door knows who's allowed here (he met Jim today), so between him, his wife and the yard cameras all is good...we're hopefully gone North for the Summer by Thur AM.