4 man limit of Perch yesterday on Simcoe

Took the run to Georgina from here yesterday AM. Haven't been on Simcoe since Wayne Gretzky's first game with the Oilers, a long time ago. We went out of Bonnie Marina after picking up 6 scoops of minnows at the bait shop in town. She puts them in good quality plastic bags which I like, varied sizes from 2" Emerald Shinners to 3" ers. Very lively, only a few floaters all day. We did't go but 200 yards from the slip. Between the rock outcropping and the Ramada. Only 3 boats there all day and a dozen folks fishing the pier.

2 men in each boat and 50 each from 8AM to 1PM, not fast and furious but steady. The small guys that we tossed back unless gut hooks hit like Musky, the fish 7" plus hit so soft you had to be sharp. More than a few 12". I'd say average was 10", nice eaters. I found best was to hook them through the back. Dead headless minnows worked as well. We set up in 8 feet of water and never moved once in 5 hours. Buddy in his Lowe moved every 20 minutes. He's an antsy kind of guy.

I have pictures but you guys know what a big recycle box of perch look like. We gutted and cut the fillets off in the park. I need to clean the rest of the fish now. Fun Wow!!

A local said there will be 100 boats in the area on the weekend. Simple, easy fishing. I'm used to taking a 10 mile run out to get to fish.

A long Bass boat with 3 guys pulled up when we were leaving and were tossing jigs and spinners and were hauling them in before we hoisted anchor.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It was fun Rick. My pal since grade 9 and father to my God Daughter Dominic was complaining about having to put minnows on steady because the water was cold, 48F. I would complain if I didn't need to.

Lol, whatta wuss.

200+ fish day, suck it up buttercup.

What's on the menu with fresh perch?

I'd suggest ciabatta bread, fried perch sandmiches with coleslaw