OUCH! OK....THAT HURT! (graphic content)

limeyangler

Hi all,

Went out for bass for a couple hours this afternoon, managed to get a jig in my hand trying to lip hold a fish, jig went all the way in up to the lead head almost, no way I was going on the local hospitals 'Wall of Shame'....basically a picture/cabinet with all the hooks removed from local fishermen......if yer squeamish don't watch....lol.

PS...whole video on the way, great little smallmouth sesh.

"now I know how the bass feels" sorry i had to laugh....Hope your ok tho

LOL....the stuff you say off the cuff eh? I'll see how it goes by morning, my hand is kin da fizzing, hoping I aint damage nerves...that would be well, boring.

Taken out like a man!

Fish on the next cast! Epic!

LOL....Chuck Norris styleeee!

Simon, I like your method better.

I had the exact same hook n hand about 5 years ago and pushed it through. The web of the thumb is not the place to do that imo.

It's like a nerve hold from Andre the giant lol

Hopefully your hand is ok in a few days

I did one last weekend on the Detroit River too. I always tell everybody on my boat not go grab fish out of the net with their hands but then I go an do it....DOH! Stinger hook went straight in but I pushed it through and cut off the end without losing a drop of blood. I actually tried to pull it out but it became quite obvious that pushing it through was going to a lot less painful and messy.

Hand%20Down_zpsjflvkbds.jpg

Edited by G.mech

incredibly I have not done this to myself yet, its only a matter of time. Ive always got knipex in the boat though so im sure when my time runs out ill have to deal with it like a man...lord knows my fishing buddies arent gonna let me go home to get it out!

incredibly I have not done this to myself yet, its only a matter of time. Ive always got knipex in the boat though so im sure when my time runs out ill have to deal with it like a man...lord knows my fishing buddies arent gonna let me go home to get it out!

It just looks gnarly, so it's intimidating.

It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it looks.

Ie Simon's voice barely flinches. The bruising afterwards is kinda bad though. Your hand will def. Be sore for a few days but it's bareable(just like a bruise)

Punching though hurts a tad less, but it's negligeable imo, but sometimes necessary.

My grammar hurts worse...

nicely handled! sounds like that local ER has a good sense of humour too hahah

been there a few times myself, part of fishing eventually lol......now my male lab on the other hand, aka professional bait thief, he's on about lesson #17, little bugger doesn't seem to mind the push threw and cut method, apparently the minnow is worth the pain....I don't even have to wrestle him still anymore, he just whines at my feel and his tail wags when he sees me grab the pliers haha

tucker%20stealing%20bait_zpsueynla2e.jpg

Oooch, ouch, grrr, ahhh!!!! Taken like a Man. I think we have all been there and if not either you don't fish much or are a liar. I use doubled up or more line on the back of the hook shank and push down hard, hard, not easy to do with one hand but possible. My Uncle from Western NY is a regular at the local Vets, cheaper than cost at the hospital ER to remove hooks from his arse. Don't sit on Rappalas.

bare foot, the look on puppies face brings tear to my eye. Pets may not speak but just by the look on their faces can tell us everything. Maybe not Cats and Birds. Oh I lie I can tell my wife's Cat hates me, unless I am doing something for him.

Edited by Old Ironmaker