Last Gas before Onaman

floater

I'm wondering if anyone knows where the last place to get gas before the turn off for Onaman Resort? We will be taking Highway 11 north and west. The owner told us to bring gas with us as a round trip is about 5 hours from the resort. Thanks

Geraldton is the last gas.. The station in Jellico no longer operates. Just a dumpy variety store left now .. When we moose hunt we bring reserve gas from home and always stop at the Husky to fill up.. It's a long drive to get gas when you are up that far...

Edited by pics

Now how much are you going to save hauling all that additional weight up there? If it's a few cents more, it totally makes sense to get it before you head into the bush.

Last time I drove back to Ontario from YK the most expensive gas I found was in Northern Ontario.

It was 30-35 cents a litre more than it was in Yellowknife.

Geraldton is the last gas.. The station in Jellico no longer operates. Just a dumpy variety store left now .. When we moose hunt we bring reserve gas from home and always stop at the Husky to fill up.. It's a long drive to get gas when you are up that far...

You are bringing back memories of those one horse towns on that drive across the 11. Who can forget Longlac...where I had to actually stop and take a close up look at that creepy closed down white church.

I had a similar situation last year. The day before I left I called the last available gas station. I decided to buy it up there instead of hauling it.

When I called I asked "what's the price?" and "are you fairly confident you will actually have gas tomorrow?", lol.

You are bringing back memories of those one horse towns on that drive across the 11. Who can forget Longlac...where I had to actually stop and take a close up look at that creepy closed down white church.

The white church is still standing somehow.. If I was planning the trip instead of my buddy, I would fill the cans somewhere near "the Kap" due to the weight of hauling the gas itself. Where we put the gas cans in the truck near the cab makes it a big job to dig them out. I will be pulling an enclosed trailer this year so no cramming in the pickup.. I still don't think I can change his mind.. Lol

Be aware of some sections of the highway that have no cell service. You won't have any between Hearst and Longlac and it will be spotty after that until Geraldton. We found service along the highway near the river past the tractor tire road and near the intersection of hwy 11 and the 801 before you head north into the bush.. Be very careful of the log haulers on the 801, they pretty much have priority on the roads. You will have to slow to almost a stop when one passes due to the dust.. Quite often there will be another following... My buddy is heading up at the end of the month to fish and scout for moose..his brother has a trap line south of the ORR..