Gloucester Pool Pike fishing

guastels

Looking at trying Gloucester Pool for Pike the first time next week and I understand one has to be careful of following markers due to many rocks. Curious if anyone can recommend some bays or areas to try land one of those elusive big Pike. Have fished Pike many times but unfamiliar with this body of water.

Thx

post more, get involved...10 posts since 2010?

im gonna literally call out every single one of these anonymous photo posts for what they are.

send us a report of how you do...that will get the discussion going.

Edited by AKRISONER

Looking at trying Gloucester Pool for Pike the first time next week and I understand one has to be careful of following markers due to many rocks. Curious if anyone can recommend some bays or areas to try land one of those elusive big Pike. Have fished Pike many times but unfamiliar with this body of water.

Thx

If you're looking for safe areas to avoid hitting rocks, try downloading the navionics app and research the area before you go. A lot of users have marked rocks/dangerous areas and this is always a good starting point. Enable the sonar chart maps when using - much more accurate.

If you're looking for exact fishing locations/hot spots then you're going to have to go out and find them. If you stumble upon a honey hole while you're out there I don't think you're going to come on here when you get back and share the coordinates with the world...

A fisherman is measured not by his ability to do internet research, but by his willingness to cover water and try new things.

Cheers and good luck. Let us know how it goes and any spots where you catch fish :sarcasm:

Cheers,

FF17

Thx

If you've fished pike before you'll figure it out if you grab a map and go. As Akrisoner so eloquently put it, you'll probably not get specific spots just handed to you, so you'll have to just use a spring pike pattern. Personally, because of the cold fronts of late, I'd target points adjacent to back bays...pike will either be staging on them as pre-spawn or they're finished and have backed out. Either way, if they're not up shallow, and you'll know quick, those points will be your best bet. Good luck and snap a few pics + come back and let us know how you did.

dont get me wrong either, ask around here to the guys that contribute...I am more than happy to share and even go fishing with members! Theres even a report on here that was posted where buddy fished literally the exact pattern i provided him and he hammered em. but spot snipers I am not fond of.

post more, get involved...10 posts since 2010?

im gonna literally call out every single one of these anonymous photo posts for what they are.

send us a report of how you do...that will get the discussion going.

I have read many of the members and your input Akrinsoner and appreciate all the input provided to all posts. Yes I have been on since 2010 when I was 18 and even though it is not much to look at I bought my first used boat last fall. This is the first time I am able to go fishing without having to rent a boat. Sorry if my question came across as digging for info but that is not my intention. I would be more than happy to share my knowledge as I start building it moving forward.