Boat launch near snake island

Looking for help picking a good boat launch on simcoe near snake island for saturday. I know it will likely cost me $20-$30 and I'm okay with that, just looking for a decent ramp with trailer parking. Was thinking east point but ramp looks a little sketchy on street view. Can't seem to find a good/recent answer in other posts and forums.

Also, this will be my first time fishing opener on simcoe...how early should I get to the launch to avoid the big crowds?

Thanks in advance and good luck to those heading out Saturday.

FF17

Edited by FishFinder17

~~~In that area, there is almost nothing, only large enough area is where water taxi runs out of, but his lot is just for his passengers to the island. I would consider Harry's in Keswick, he can be a little grumpy, sometime, get there early

Sibbald's has the best launch in the area, you won't have to worry about line ups as there is probably enough room to launch 6 boats or more at one time. Don't forget to take a long anchor rope. good luck

Sibbald's has the best launch in the area, you won't have to worry about line ups as there is probably enough room to launch 6 boats or more at one time. Don't forget to take a long anchor rope. good luck

Thanks for the tip. I looked into sibbalds and I would prefer to stay a bit more west as we are probably having lunch at a buddy's cottage on Fox island and doing most of our fishing in cooks and surrounding area.

Looks like east point might work. Had someone recommend it on another forum so I called today and I can launch as early as I want and pay when I leave. Apparently it's a decent ramp too but I'm basing all of this on what others have told me...

either way I'll find out saturday morning. If for any reason I should avoid east point, please let me know

Thanks again for the help. Really appreciate it.

If you're jigging for whities, you'll want a double anchor setup.

If you're jigging for whities, you'll want a double anchor setup.

Good to know, thanks. I'm new to fishing whities and I do have two anchors so I'll make sure I bring both. Will need to go and get some rope for one of them.

Do whities typically hit on the plastics or the same kind of spoons as lakers (stingrays, cleos, blue fox)? or should I make a trip to the tackle aisle ....not that I mind doing that :whistling:

Edited by FishFinder17

I'd be running gobie presentations if I was out on Simcoe going after lakers or whities. Those little swammers would awesome (Although I don't know if they still make them)...

Icefishing jigs/spoons will work as well.