water level for pike opener zone 17 (severn falls)

Slimbo85

Doesn't matter what the water levels are, where every they spawned, they'll still be hanging around. You fishing above Big Chute? Not the greatest pike water, you'd probably do much better in GPool.

I was pike fishing recently on some flooded areas of zone 17 and the pike were smashing Williams spoons in the red devil pattern. Make sure you have a couple of them in the medium size. They out fished every other lure we tried.

Some of the best fishing we ever had was on the Ottawa when levels were so high we were fishing on what is usually Islands in 3 feet or less of water. The bait available to them, grubs, worms, frogs etc. that usually wasn't available must have been like a smorgasbord for both Pics and Pike. I'm talking double headers one after another. I like higher than normal levels unless the water is like mud soup. Then it can be tough but not impossible. My go to for Pike this time of year are "Bushwhackers" with some trailing rubber, now known as Spinner baits. You can't beat the old tried and true Red and White Dare Devil. Eppinger brand, no Chinese knock offs.

Good luck my man. Hammer em' real good.

A bit off topic, of course, can you use 2 rods per person on Georgian bay as is Lake O and Erie?

Edited by Old Ironmaker